Join for free
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 10:38 PM

Light up collars ?

Does anyone else use these?

We have one for Murphy which is a help in locating him on the dark mornings in the woods...It also lets us know when he is standing still ie.. doing a poo..

I also have a little clip light that could go onto his lead and my flexi lead is the reflective yellow type..

While I was out walking Murphy this evening I noticed that nearly all the dog owners had some kind of reflective device or light on their dogs which was just as well because all but one of the cyclists I saw were in total darkenss.. So even though we couldnt see them at least they could see and avoid the dogs!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:07 PM

Re: Light up collars ?

They seem a good idea Cass.

I don't use them because I don't go out in the dark anymore. It never bothered me when I was with my old Shepherds, I knew I was safe with them, but I don't feel the same safety with these littlie, so I don't chance it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 08:15 AM

Not myself but I was fascinated to see a little dog wearing a collar that was huge on him all lit up, I had to admit I watched the little chap trying to keep his head up and thought why not just use a torch ? I used to use a head torch looked a bit silly but did the job.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 09:25 AM

Both my daughter and my son have light up collars for their dogs and have done so for years. My son's black Lab frequently has a morning dip in the brook wearing his and it survives the dooking? They also having a flashing "tennis" ball so that he can chase after it in the dark. Very useful in the long grass.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 09:33 AM

Now that we do have a light up ball has made it possible for Elsie to see to run after it, still can't throw it far or she loses it but not too far and she can find it much easier.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:01 PM

Ive heard about these light up balls and Im going looking for one...Its a bit dark in the woods most mornings and OH and I get more exersize than Murphy trying to find where he has left the rotten thing.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:43 PM

Ah that's funny, I have just said this on the morning thread, that I saw a black cat this morning with a light up in the dark collar and tag, you could see her for miles.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They seem a good idea Cass.

I don't use them because I don't go out in the dark anymore. It never bothered me when I was with my old Shepherds, I knew I was safe with them, but I don't feel the same safety with these littlie, so I don't chance it.
Me neither Mups. Different when I had my Labs. Very obedient and protective during their walk on dark evenings. But these two little dogs don't exactly instil confidence in protection for me. LOL. Bark at someone, yes, but that's it. So definitely no walkies after dark for me anymore.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top