Join for free
Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 12:03 PM

Re: Want a receipt from Morrisons? You better ask for one!

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Azure.... I'm in fits here

(so sorry - no laughing matter I know)

Pesta

It does sound quite funny but Morrisons do sell Baps

Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Yes Rehab and they had holes in too.

This gets worse.
Squashed baps are bad enough, but it is the bruised plums you need to look out for!

Having only just had a Hernia operation, I do not need to be confronted with bruised plums at Morrisons
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 07:19 PM

Hey folks.
My intention is to hand the below to the Morrisons Supermarket Manager tomorrow morning.
The letter speaks for itself.
But does anyone have any wording that might make it better?

Cheers

Manager

Dear Sir.

I went into your store yesterday morning just to purchase The Daily Mail and The Daily Express.
I also wanted £50 cash back.
I collected the newspapers and presented them at the front of store pay area were cigarettes and lottery etc etc etc are sold.
I waited for my receipt following entering my debit card into details into your machine.
I was given my £50 cash back, however your till person did not offer me a till receipt, so I asked him for one.
He said that I could have one, but then he showed me a till roll.
He said that the store was trying to save on till paper, as they go through so much.
I said to him that he should at least be offering customers a till receipt if a customer was using a credit or debit card, particularly with 'cash back'.
I said to him that 'I was not satisfied with either him or his attitude'.
He was then in the action of giving me my till receipt and he said:
'You can always go shop elsewhere"!
At that point I left the till area without saying anymore.

It was only that I was in a bit of a rush to get back home that I did not ask to talk to the store manager there and then.
But to tell you the truth, I have been fuming over the incident ever since!

I should say that around 3/4 weeks ago at those particular tills, I again had to ask for a till receipt because I had not been handed one automatically.
Again I had requested cash back which makes it particularly important to obtain and keep any receipt.
The Lady till person answered that the store does not give till receipts out automatically, but that a customer could have one if they requested one.
So I did and I was given a till receipt.
But at least I wasn't insulted that time!

However.
You are the Manager and I wish to know what your policy is on till receipts.
At a pinch I can possibly understand the reason for not automatically giving a till receipt.
However, surely the customer should automatically be asked if they would like one.

It is my intention to E. Mail Morrisons CEO about this unfortunate incident, and I welcome your thoughts in respect of this matter.

Best regards

Kenny Thain

Morrisons
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 07:29 PM

Boozie, catch the number 12 bus and go to Rhyl Morrisons. I have always been given a receipt there. It must be the policy of the Colwyn Bay store to not give receipts. I have to say the store assistant was being rude telling you to shop elsewhere, perhaps he didn't like your attitude
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 07:55 PM

This is a new one on me I grocery shop on line and get a receipt everytime. I'd be cross if I didn't as I like to tick things off as I unpack them.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

21-10-2017, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Boozie, catch the number 12 bus and go to Rhyl Morrisons. I have always been given a receipt there. It must be the policy of the Colwyn Bay store to not give receipts. I have to say the store assistant was being rude telling you to shop elsewhere, perhaps he didn't like your attitude
Hi Leia.
Blimey Luv, I am certainly not going to take a ruddy 45 minute bus journey to Rhyl when my local Morrisons is only a 10 minute walk away.
No!
I will sort this out so they at least offer everyone a till receipt, instead of just not asking.

Regarding your final in bold comment.

Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Hi Leia.
Blimey Luv, I am certainly not going to take a ruddy 45 minute bus journey to Rhyl when my local Morrisons is only a 10 minute walk away.
No!
I will sort this out so they at least offer everyone a till receipt, instead of just not asking.

Regarding your final in bold comment.

Having worked in retail, none of my staff would have told a customer to shop elsewhere...unless they were kicking off of course
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

21-10-2017, 08:16 PM

Having worked in retail, none of my staff would have told a customer to shop elsewhere...unless they were kicking off of course
I promise you I was not kicking off Leia.
I was as polite as I could have been, and I didn't swear or nothing like that.

Like I am going to say in my letter tomorrow, this is the second time this has happened to me.
Except the ignorant words back to me that is.
Leia
UK

21-10-2017, 08:20 PM

Tell you what, I'll go in the Bay View Morrissons and test it out for you......like a mystery shopper
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

21-10-2017, 08:24 PM

Tell you what, I'll go in the Bay View Morrissons and test it out for you......like a mystery shopper
That sounds good to me!
Just make sure that the tills you go to are the front of store selling lottery/cigarets/sweets and numerous other stuff.
I have seen smokers in particular spending lots of cash on their vile habit, and not be offered a receipt.
Mystery Shopper?
You go for it girl!

Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top