Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:37 PM

First catch your chihuahua lol

We had a grooming session this afternoon. Elsie had a shower and we clipped her nails lovely girl, we said can I have a paw and she held up her paw i clipped her nails as she licked my husband's nose

Then Betty's turn, well that's a slightly different story three of us chasing her round the flat finally got her cornered so I bathed her in the kitchen sink while my husband donned the oven gloves, holding her nervously in front of me, my husband started clipping, scream, not my husband that was Betty just letting the world know she doesn't like it, more clipping she struggles biting the oven gloves, luckily he had them on !
Got the front ones done my husband has aged before my eyes, picked up a back foot and little sod got my thumb, so we've booked her into the vet to have the back ones finished off

Got to love her she's our little sod but occasionally I must admit I wish she was more like her sister Elsie Labrador
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:45 PM

Re: First catch your chihuahua lol

My sympathies Julie. Madam ChoCho screams as if her throat is being cut when having her nails clipped, and that's before she's even touched. We have to take her to the Vet to have them done and the Vet hates doing them, black on black. ChoCho never attempts to bite, she just screams, and I mean screams. It's a good job she doesn't have to go for nail clipping too often.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:49 PM

At least your getting them cut. When we had the kennels once in a while dogs came in with the dew claws so long they were curling back into the paw.
Told the owners and they didn't have a clue about getting at least dew claws clipped

yes we did clip them back before the dogs were in pain, sod if the owners wanted it done or not, the animals ALWAYS came first
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:49 PM

She doesn't mean to bite viciously she is just in such a panic any thumb will do.

I have no idea why she is like this nothing awful ever happened to her when we've done them, and she has been treated like Elsie so she has no excuse other than she hates being controlled.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-10-2017, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
At least your getting them cut. When we had the kennels once in a while dogs came in with the dew claws so long they were curling back into the paw.
Told the owners and they didn't have a clue about getting at least dew claws clipped
Gosh that's awful, it would never occur to me to not do them. Mine walk on carpeted floors and mostly outside on grass and sand so they grow long fairly quickly. My vet says Betty is too light to make much difference even if she walked on sandpaper.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 11:16 PM

My Gertie has got nice pink see-through claws, so they are a doddle to do.
The others have all got black claws and I hate doing those.
They are all very good though, and just sit still till I have finished. Same with shampooing and clipping, they're ever so good.
Only one, Liffey, doesn't like her ears plucked and I can't say I blame her.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 05:42 AM

My sympathies.... I remember writing how to bath a beagle...... First catch your beagle....
Benny was a monster about bath time. Luckily he didn't have to do it very often.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 10:01 AM

Pippa really hates water apart from when its in a bowl.
Claws have never been a problem as she bites them and I just give them a file now and then to smooth them. She also cleans her ears with her Back paws and her eyes she does with her front legs like a cat. eg lick and wipe.
She's a very particular lady.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top