Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 04:45 PM

Re: Finger's Crossed. Part 2

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
So do I, Cass....he's a lovely lad.....big and daft but gentle, like most well mannered Staffs he sulks if he hurts you during play.

He's handsome in an ugly sort of way.

If I get him(I'm more confident with this lady or young women)I'll ask for some ideas on names....I'm not going out and shouting Coco when I want him back on his lead
Im going to get in early on the name game... As hes three I guess he has got used to the sound of his name so maybe a subtile change is best...
Rocco is obvious

Hugo
Kenzo

or what about Banjo Shadow or Shinto..

Im really keeping my fingers crossed for you..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Im going to get in early on the name game... As hes three I guess he has got used to the sound of his name so maybe a subtile change is best...
Rocco is obvious

Hugo
Kenzo

I thought much the same Cass, something sounding similar.
Else it might be like us suddenly calling Tpin .... 'Sarah' or something and wondering why he would not answer to it.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Rocco is obvious

Hugo
Kenzo

Thanks Cass......I have a good feeling about this one....as some said last time "What is meant to be etc" "Fate"?

He is a cracking dog, younger than the others...more of a challenge, play wise and of course, should he remain healthy, more years with us.

That was the thing that upset me most when Henry died...I wish I'd seen him years ago when he was younger and he'd have had longer enjoying life.

Anyway...back to names.

Cass,I appreciate your input.....really I do.....but:

Roco...Would it be too like a fighters name , Rocky?

I think he looks like a "Frank" but I think my mate and his wife would be less than impressed....their 3 month old son is a frank
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I thought much the same Cass, something sounding similar.
Else it might be like us suddenly calling Tpin .... 'Sarah' or something and wondering why he would not answer to it.
Behave yourself otherwise you'll get another velvet glove spanking
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 12:08 AM

Behave yourself otherwise you'll get another velvet glove spanking

Promises promises ....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 12:15 AM

Seeing he is mostly black, how about Jet for him?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 09:13 AM

Thanks Cass......I have a good feeling about this one....as some said last time "What is meant to be etc" "Fate"?

He is a cracking dog, younger than the others...more of a challenge, play wise and of course, should he remain healthy, more years with us.

That was the thing that upset me most when Henry died...I wish I'd seen him years ago when he was younger and he'd have had longer enjoying life.

Anyway...back to names.

Cass,I appreciate your input.....really I do.....but:

Roco...Would it be too like a fighters name , Rocky?

I think he looks like a "Frank" but I think my mate and his wife would be less than impressed....their 3 month old son is a frank
I understand what you mean about Henry , we got most of our dogs at 1 year and often wondered what they had been like as pups..

I think youre right about Rocco /Rocky but it will depend how attached he is to his name..
Benny was Balou something something pedigree but he didnt answer to the name because he had been called b****** dog and f****** mutt most of his life.

Oscar ? Well no one knew.. the rescue called him Astor which we didnt like and we felt Oscar was close enough.

Remy (after the orphan Remi) was all alone in the world , he learned his new name with the help of a long line and lots of treats .Id call Remy give a little tug on the line and when he came make a big fuss and reward him, He soon learned Remy= treat ..

Im sure whatever you decide will work out given a few months btw I like Frank/ Frankie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top