Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 10:21 AM

Re: Taking the Sex out of the Census.

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
I agree entirely, Shropshiregirl.

I'm that useless piece of skin on the end of a penis - a man - and proud of it.
Good morning foreskin!

That got me thinking.
I would like a new member to call himself Foreskin. (this MUST be a MALE Member)!
Then over time we could decide if he was a pr**k or not!

We could even do a census on it!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The next thing you know is that they won't be allowed to put the sex of the baby on a birth certificate..... till they are old enough to know what they want to be!
I used to have a lot of sympathy with gay people or transgender, because they were a small number of people who were born that way. Now there are so many I tend to think it is a choice, rather than a fault in their genes and although I think they should be allowed to do what they wish, if it does no harm, I still think they should remain the sex they were born as for census purposes.
I don't think it's a choice for many twink I just think people feel freer to speak out, when you were put in prison if you were gay it forced people to try to conform now they don't need to try and that's great IMO
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 10:33 AM

I always thought SEX was wot posh people kept their coal in.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 10:37 AM

What's wrong with Male Female and Other?

And where it gives you the option Partner you simply write MRS in the box!!

Not enough rebellion here!!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I always thought SEX was wot posh people kept their coal in.
Nnnaaahhh Speed.
I think your thinking of a bunk-up!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 10:39 AM

Tessa, yes, when applied to those born in this country. What about the hundreds of thousands of immigrants who have settled here with their families and extended families joining them? and more coming in every day. There has to be a way of knowing the balance between male and female being mandatory information and the Census is the only way to do this. Otherwise it is just storing up big problems for future social services.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think it's a choice for many twink I just think people feel freer to speak out, when you were put in prison if you were gay it forced people to try to conform now they don't need to try and that's great IMO
The Sexual Offences act in 1967 decriminalized it, so they were not put into prison after that. Too many people are bi-sexual, or marry and have children before becoming gay and that makes me believe that it is a choice rather than an illness, if it occurred after 1967!
Of course some people will not like them because they are different, but that is just prejudice and lots of people suffer that for many reasons!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

09-10-2017, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
What's wrong with Male Female and Other?

And where it gives you the option Partner you simply write MRS in the box!!

Not enough rebellion here!!
Good idea Ruth.
But that would be far too simple for the PC crowd.

I am certainly a rebel though.
A Rockabilly one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H8QbQ0NRAk
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The Sexual Offences act in 1967 decriminalized it, so they were not put into prison after that. Too many people are bi-sexual, or marry and have children before becoming gay and that makes me believe that it is a choice rather than an illness, if it occurred after 1967!
Of course some people will not like them because they are different, but that is just prejudice and lots of people suffer that for many reasons!
It's never been an illness they put people in prison because they considered it a choice and perversion.

Societies are changing, we are seeing more openly gay and bisexual people could be several reasons for it but choice isn't one. We are over populated it could even be a way nature is trying to redress the balance.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 10:55 AM

It would seem that some parents have registered their new babies as "gender unknown" or "gender unspecified", the idea being that the child can pick it's own sex at a later date. I don't care what sex any adult wants to call him/herself, but I do think it's very wrong to push small children into being "gender neutral", or suggesting sex changes at 3 and 4 years old. Many small children like to "dress up", girls like to play with toys traditionally meant for boys, boys like to play with toys traditionally meant for girls, but the almost always grow out of it. The world truly has gone crazy.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top