Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 06:41 PM

Re: Britain 'draws up battle plan for war with North Korea'

Hi

Putin has already evacuated civilians from his Border with his North Korea.

Kim has his nukes in tunnels in granite mountains up by the Chinese Border.

He may be a lunatic, but he is no mean tactician.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 08:25 PM

A far better option, rather than attacking NK with nuclear weapons, would be to assassinate Fatboy.

Difficult, admittedly, but not impossible. Nothing is impossible.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A far better option, rather than attacking NK with nuclear weapons, would be to assassinate Fatboy.

Are we sure Kim is the nut job that the media (and Trump) are making him out to be JB. We seem to be making a habit of knocking off dictators and then regretting it later......Be careful what we wish for. As we rid ourselves of one dangerous sod another one takes their place, sometimes even worse....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Are we sure Kim is the nut job that the media (and Trump) are making him out to be JB. We seem to be making a habit of knocking off dictators and then regretting it later......
Hi

The best and most sensible post for ages OGF.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The best and most sensible post for ages OGF.

Thanks Swim...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

They had a debate about this on the radio a while back. Getting rid of him won't help because there are plenty to take his place and he is apparently the best of an even worse bunch. Far more radical hardliners ready to take over.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:31 PM

Not a lot a small island in the North Sea can do, no bombers, one aircraft carrier without aircraft, a small underequipped Army with no way of getting to Korea, especially during the summer months, all the ferries and cruise ships being fully booked up. It will be down to the nuclear subs if onecan repaired in time and they can find a Captain who has not been court martialed for inappropriate behaviour with his crew.
I heard on the intelligence grave vine (I have friends in high places in the doughnut) that G4S will be given the contract to defend British interests abroad.
Job jobbed, p.roblem solved, now move along.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I really do wish Trump would go away on a people awareness course on how to be more diplomatic in getting his point across as the leader of the most powerful country in the world and that doesn't alway seem to be threatening WW3!.

I don't know what it is about him, but whenever I see him, (this is not to say he holds the same views of course) but he reminds me so much of Mussolini, the Italian fascist leader !! The way he speaks, the way he looks, the way he struts. the way he looks anywhere but directly at the camera!

Has anyone else noticed this? They are so alike in their mannerisms it's uncanny.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:36 PM

Perhaps you're right.

So our only option is to wait and see what he does next.

Ideally, I'd like to see NK and SK united as a responsible democratic country. I'm sure that the majority of ordinary people in NK, who have had the good fortune to have seen what SK has, would want the same.

The trouble is that NK is like Communist Russia was: a regime run by a minority of people for their own benefit and at the expense of the majority. Not easy to circumvent, although perhaps not impossible.

A likely situation would be for Fatboy to overplay his hand and accidentally strike another country such as SK, Japan or the US. That would almost certainly lead to appropriate retributions.

A nuclear strike would result in a retaliatory nuclear strike. Our only hope would be that this would be a limited exchange and that China would have the good sense to keep its nose out.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:39 PM

If he does that I really, really hope we are smart enough to stay out of it.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top