Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 03:14 PM

Re: Brexit Talks New Agenda.

I do not think using the term Remoaner is being either rude or abusive.
If anyone does then they must have a very thin skin.
This thread is not a Jackanory thread for kids you know Annie.

Brexit on both sides of the argument are passionate about the subject, and I think what some others say around here, is far worse than what I said.
Anyway Annie.
I like the word Remoaner.
It sums up my feelings entirely as these moaning and whining people just won't get over the fact.
They LOST the vote!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
but boiling your head is rude and abusive? I'd say the former being a personal attack is ruder than the latter being a reaction to a personal attack. If you are the pot don't talk about the kettle eh...but those who need to put personal attacks and rude labels into posts don't have a strong enough argument to start with.

Brexit on both sides of the argument are passionate about the subject, and I think what some others say around here, is far worse than what I said.
Anyway Annie.
It sums up my feelings entirely as these moaning and whining people just won't get over the fact.
They LOST the vote!
So it makes you feel better to use the word remoaner - lets of some steam? An emotional release? Believe me I feel the same way using the F word when I see yet another company laying off workers or the Brexit bus promising 350m for the NHS or meat doubling in price at the supermarket. I wouldn't target that emotion with personal insults at people here though.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 06:19 PM

Perhaps I am wrong, but I take it that wasn't meant as a joke Purwell?
If so, now that wasn't very nice now.
Was it?
You can't win the argument, so you turn to being abusive to the poster, which I notice is rather a trait of yours.
If I were Admin right now.
I would ban you, at least for a while.
I don't think anyone would be too upset about that.

Some of us wouldn't even notice.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 06:36 PM

Anyway Annie.
They LOST the vote!
I completely agree. Moreover, I would assert that the three descriptions in common use these days are all equally valid for describing the three different types of anti-Brexit person.

'Remainer' = one who would prefer us to remain as part of the European Union for whatever reasons they believe.

'Remoaner' = as above, with the exception that they continually moan about having lost the referendum.

'Remainiac' = as above, with the difference that they conduct themselves with manic behaviour, such as a deranged contention that in leaving the EU we shall cause the sky to fall down.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's been the way all along, Barnier and the EU representatives are not there to negotiate they are there to implement a pre determined set of demands . My guess is they will sit tight believing we won't 'just walk' and if they wait long enough we will concede to their demands.

We should have laid down our set agenda from the beginning with a take it or leave it and set a date for them to decide giving us time to implement a no deal departure using the money we have offered the EU as part of our leaving.
That might have helped to concentrate a few EU minds .
Quite.

All the EU appear interested in is the brexit bill (which we don't even "have" to pay), to further fund their self indulgent Utopia.

Why on earth would we be prepared to hand over this sum of money without knowing what we'll get in return?

EU - We want our 50b or we're not negotiating.
UK - What will we get for our 50b?
EU - Not tellin' ya!

It's pure and simple bully boy tactics, exposing them for what they are.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-10-2017, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
quite.

All the eu appear interested in is the brexit bill (which we don't even "have" to pay), to further fund their self indulgent utopia.

Why on earth would we be prepared to hand over this sum of money without knowing what we'll get in return?

Eu - we want our 50b or we're not negotiating.
Uk - what will we get for our 50b?
Eu - not tellin' ya!

It's pure and simple bully boy tactics, exposing them for what they are.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 01:32 AM

[QUOTE=fender;1251001]Quite.

All the EU appear interested in is the brexit bill (which we don't even "have" to pay), to further fund their self indulgent Utopia.

EU - We want our 50b or we're not negotiating.
UK - What will we get for our 50b?
EU - Not tellin' ya!

It's pure and simple bully boy tactics, exposing them for what they are.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY Fender.
The EU want to continue screwing us, just as it has done ever since we have been a member of that thieving useless club.

And of course remember:

Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
So you all knew you were voting for this horrendous mess that we are in now and getting deeper in it every day?
I knew exactly what I was voting for but I couldn't have known whether this or any Gov't was willing, capable or motivated to deliver it. I couldn't have known whether or not the EU were prepared or not to respect the democratic decision and were capable to enter in to the negotiations in the spirit of our collective decision.

I naively thought the great institutions that control our lives respected democracy.

It seems the EU aren't capable of negotiating in the spirit of our legal and democratic decision and this is where the Remainers', Remoaners' and Remainiacs' ire should be targeted.

After all, it is in their interests also that we conclude these negotiations successfully and in a timely fashion.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I knew exactly what I was voting for but I couldn't have known whether this or any Gov't was willing, capable or motivated to deliver it. I couldn't have known whether or not the EU were prepared or not to respect the democratic decision and were capable to enter in to the negotiations in the spirit of our collective decision.

I naively thought the great institutions that control our lives respected democracy.

It seems the EU aren't capable of negotiating in the spirit of our legal and democratic decision and this is where the Remainers', Remoaners' and Remainiacs' ire should be targeted.

After all, it is in their interests also that we conclude these negotiations successfully and in a timely fashion.
Hi

We voted to leave, it was our decision, and to my mind, the correct decision.

What I do not understand is this continued blaming of the EU for the state of the negotiations.

We are now a competitor, we are being treated as such.

I am not surprised, neither am I angry.

It is the way of the world and we would have done the same.

All Countries are seeking a competitive advantage for their own economies and their own people.

I would hope that we are as ruthless in seeking advantages when it comes to Trade Deals.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 08:35 AM

I knew exactly what I was voting for but I couldn't have known whether this or any Gov't was willing, capable or motivated to deliver it.

Respecting democracy and being capable of delivering such a complicated mix of voters' desires with so many variables to tie up and agree, are two different things entirely.

Every election we vote for manifestos which never deliver even half the pie in the sky promises. Nobody bleats that democracy has not been respected. At least they are taking Brexit forward and having negotiations. Every voter seems to have a different wish list which nobody can possibly fulfil. The choices on the vote card were stay or leave, not a panoply of conditions longer than all the letters to Santa.

Given the history of our Government ability to deliver on promises or implement change effectively, I am not sure why anyone is surprised they are having difficulty in this incredibly complicated change.

I couldn't have known whether or not the EU were prepared or not to respect the democratic decision and were capable to enter in to the negotiations in the spirit of our collective decision.
The EU made their views on Brexit patently clear before the referendum

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top