Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 12:48 PM

whats in a name?

Seriously ...
I was thinking about what Tpin said about not liking the name Rocco or Rocky for his possible new dog and I get it..

We thought long and hard before naming Murphy ..Murphy.
We thought about the traditional stabij type names such as Bram Gijs Thijs ect and we tried a few unpronouceable Irish ones but it came down to Murphy which is the name of the building OH was born in..

Murphy has a load of doggy friends but two stand out because of their names, theres Elmo and Mr Jingles.

Cute?
well OH nearly dropped dead from fight when he first met Elmo one dark morning in the woods because Elmo is a huge Rottwieler with the personality of a teddy bear but coming face to face with him like that is scarey. His owner says she picked the name Elmo because she didnt want the breed predudice to colour peoples judgement of him.

Mr Jingles is sweet too hes a cross staff/mastiff and the size of a small horse which is slightly scarey when he comes galloping over..
He could swallow most other dogs without needing to chew but he is all about play and they named him after the mouse in the green mile.

We wave and Murohy plays if he sees his freinds but I wonder if we would have been so open if we had been greeted by a Rex or Rambo , Tyson or Thor?

What do you think..whats in a name?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 12:55 PM

Re: whats in a name?

Ah Cass, my most beautiful German Shepherd - the one on my page of him laying in the snow, looking at me - was called 'Elmo.'
He is this avatar pic above, as well.
A very special boy indeed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 12:59 PM

There is a Miniature Schnauzer I have heard of called Festus Derryman (taken from a novel by Thomas Hardy) , it suits him somehow and always makes me smile
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 01:10 PM

We like people names for ours Betty is named after my mil and Elsie after my husband's aunt. We always wonder what Betty mil would have said because she only ever used two names for her labs trixie and Sheba. I think she had 8 in total all same names.

I know a dotty she's a mini dachshund and completely suits her name as she's dotty as they come.

Teddy is a wire haired big dachshund and looks like a teddy bear if he goes into beg stance.

Tinker belle is the biggest rottie I've ever met !

And I know a couple called dave and Brian they are those long haired collies not sure what they are actually called but hair to the ground.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 01:27 PM

My dog's called Floyd after Pink Floyd and he just looks like a Floyd, a scruffy hippy type.
I knew someone who called his dog Tits because he thought it was funny to call him.
He (Floyd) has friends called Bruce, Scout, Rumpus, Jake and Robbie.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 01:47 PM

My English Setter was named Cluny, after our favourite place in Scotland. My rehomed Lab was named Cinders because the children of her previous owners thought that because she was coal black she should be Cinders. It broke their hearts to rehome her when they were posted abroad.

My present little dog is a rehomed Romanian rescue dog, hence I called her Gypsy. My son calls her "Pikey"
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 01:49 PM

Roco is a name I like but not for a Staff especially with the misinformation about the breed.

I was thinking about the name Bruno, to me he looks like a Bruno..or Coco Ono

What do you reckon?

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 02:33 PM

I once knew a Schnauzer called Bowser!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Roco is a name I like but not for a Staff especially with the misinformation about the breed.

I was thinking about the name Bruno, to me he looks like a Bruno..or Coco Ono

What do you reckon?

Nah. To me, I think of Bruno the Bear and it would suit a big hairy breed. His coat is too short for a Bruno.

Is he a definite now, do you know yet Tpin?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

09-10-2017, 02:44 PM

Stan, Elvis, Buster or Barney McGrew?
Actually, Terry's dog reminds me of Fonzie!
He's got a white t shirt and black jacket!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top