Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 07:03 PM

Re: A member of our family has died

Very sad mate. At least Poppy made a good age.
I'd be gutted if anything happened to ours, and I was gutted when the last one had to be put down @ 15
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 07:20 PM

JBR, so sorry to hear about your dog. I think from the day you have them they become one of the family.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 07:40 PM

Sorry to hear you have lost your much loved pet. It's so hard to lose them. I am really sorry for your loss.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 07:40 PM

Aaaw.... it really is so sad losing a beloved pet isn't it? I really do feel for you and Mrs JB. What a beautiful cat and what a good age she lived to.
Poor Poppy.
Just think, she's well now though JB. Sounds daft, but I really do believe that, whether they have 2 legs or 4, they go up there and they become well and happy again.

She'll always be there in your heart. Let the tears flow.. I still well up sometimes for my dog and I had to have her put to sleep 24 yrs ago.

Losing a pet is just as heartbreaking as coming to terms with the death of a loved one.

for you and for Mrs JB
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 07:45 PM

What a wonderful age to reach and for you to have spent so many years together. Our thoughts are with you and your wife JBR.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 08:08 PM

I'm so touched by all of these kind wishes. Thank you all. My wife can't believe that so many have written.

I hesitate to mention it, but I should tell you all that 'she' was a 'he'!

The woman at the cat rescue place assured us that the kitten we had taken was a female and on that basis we decided to call her Poppy.

Then, following our first visit to the vet for vaccinations, we learnt he'd had a 'sex change'!

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Your kind thoughts count much more.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A very sad day. Our cat Poppy has had to be put down.

We have had him for 21 years and losing him after all that time is very upsetting. I admit that I cried.
JBR, my heart goes out to you and your wife. What a beauty Poppy was.
I know that it makes no difference how old he was, it is heartbreaking and gutwrenching when the time comes to do the right thing for your much-loved pet. Many of us on here have been through the same dreadful ordeal.

All you can do to console yourselves in some small way is to know that you gave Poppy the best life a cat could have, and you were with him right at the end of a wonderful life spent with you both.

My thoughts are with you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 08:58 PM

You're right, SG. He was well loved and looked after. Sadly, many are not.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
JBR, my heart goes out to you and your wife. What a beauty Poppy was.
I know that it makes no difference how old he was, it is heartbreaking and gutwrenching when the time comes to do the right thing for your much-loved pet. Many of us on here have been through the same dreadful ordeal.

All you can do to console yourselves in some small way is to know that you gave Poppy the best life a cat could have, and you were with him right at the end of a wonderful life spent with you both.

My thoughts are with you.
I've highlighted 'gutwrenching' SG.... that just about says it all, and so true, sadly.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 09:22 PM

So sorry to here that JBR, and my Wife and I sympathise with you and yours so much.
My Wife and I once had a dog called Poppy also.
It was only a Heinz 57, but just like you we loved him to bits.
We had him for 15 years and even now of course we often think and talk about him.

Just like now for instance!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top