Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 01:39 AM

Re: A member of our family has died

JBR, I join everyone in expressins my sorrow for your loss. It's such a personal and difficult time for your family, the emotions of which are completely understandable. You were very fortunate to have him for 21 years, and he was equally so, I'm sure. The pictures are lovely.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 09:45 AM

Thank you SM.

I know that many people, perhaps who have never had a pet, will say "He was only a cat, get over it", but when you have come to know a small being for so many years you know them, their characters and idiosyncrasies, like a family member.

It wasn't just that, of course. It's seeing them suffering. Poppy had vomited bright red blood and dark red blood clots and had resigned himself to just lying there waiting to die.

The kindest thing was to go to the vet and end his misery.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 02:27 PM

Sorry, JBR to be so late in acknowledging your sad loss. I am so sorry...
I can really feel your sadness at the loss of your incredible Poppy.
What a marvellous age, you must’ve looked after and treated him well!
I hope time will reduce your sadness.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 04:13 PM

Thanks Angel. It means a lot when you and other people on here send their kind thoughts.

Eventually, we shall get another cat. Actually, we are thinking of getting two kittens, brothers or sisters, so they can keep each other company. There is a place not far from us: Wilmslow Animal Sanctuary, which our 'cat woman' recommends highly.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-11-2017, 12:53 PM

We have just acquired two seven week-old female kittens from a cat rescue place. They are from a litter of five, two of which have already been homed. We have two now and, sadly, one is now left with its mother. We felt unhappy that this poor thing has now lost its friends, though, and hope that it can be re-homed soon. Mum is going back to her owner after that.

We're now deciding on names. Our first idea was Milly and Molly, but Marge quite rightly pointed out that the two might be confused at the vet's having only one letter difference, so we're thinking again.

Several alternative names have been going through my mind: Meg, Mags, Summer, Mups, Muddy, Julie (perhaps not both of the latter two, as the kittens are getting on really well together!), Rhian, Angel, Sweety Pie, Myrtle, Ruthio, Morticia (er, no offence, but that sounds more vampirish than cattish), Purwell (well, sounds catty - purr - but no!).
In fact, male names are not acceptable unless any of our male members go for a gender reassignment.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:05 PM

Really pleased for you JBR, hope they settle in well and bring some joy back to you both after your sad demise recently.

Thank you for considering me name (), but have a look through this link, there are loads of good suggestions here:

http://www.petmd.com/cat/female-kitt...s/most-popular

Good luck.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-11-2017, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Really pleased for you JBR, hope they settle in well and bring some joy back to you both after your sad demise recently.

Thank you for considering me name (), but have a look through this link, there are loads of good suggestions here:

http://www.petmd.com/cat/female-kitt...s/most-popular

Good luck.
That's a very good site! Thanks, Mups.

Fortunately, they are both settling in well with a repeating sequence of eating, sleeping and play-fighting with each other. Looks like we made a good choice.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:25 PM

JBR I am so pleased that you have 2 new kittens. They may not be quite as perfect as Poppy but you will love them just as much in a few weeks time.

As Poppy seems to have been named after a flower, you could carry on the tradition and call them Daisy and Lilly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:26 PM

Sounds good.
Let us know what you decide. picture some time would be good, when you have time.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:29 PM

Good for you ... you'll make two little furry bundles very happy and give them a good life and just as important, brighten your own days ahead.

Mups and Minx sound good to me. Do either of them have a wickedly devilish little face?

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top