Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 06:18 PM

The Heart of The Matter

watched an old clip of this the other day trevor Howard Maira Schell and Peter Finch playing a minor role as a catholic priest. black and white of course - based in the british protectorate of Sierra Leone at the close of WWII. a magic film and great acting from trevor howard - it was the silent pauses in between and seeing it in B/W that made it for me. the script was tight and short to the point.
Goldcrest
Scotland
Goldcrest is female  Goldcrest has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 12:54 PM

Re: The Heart of The Matter

I saw this too. I agree it was a great script, and Trevor Howard's acting was, as ever , so full of integrity. I have to say thoughI found the film's content a little uncomfortable, older man's relationship with a much, much younger woman.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 01:02 PM

Re: The Heart of The Matter

I don't think I have seen that film (surprisingly)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top