Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 02:17 AM

Obscene wording

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but...
Somehow, a group of people have gotten hold of my email address and I get numerous "junk mail" of an obscene nature.
The senders appear to be prostitutes and they say things like,
"I want you to **** me tonight.
Now, I'm not a prude, but I really don't like this trash.
There does not appear to be a way to report this to my server.
I never open that stuff but I still can see the 1st 5 or 6 words of the messages.
Does anyone know of a way that I can rid myself of this unwanted material, permanently ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 03:00 AM

Re: Obscene wording

Hi

Use the report spam facility.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Use the report spam facility.
As I stated above my server does not have a report spam facility.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 05:37 AM

Change servers?

If you don't know how, then I doubt we do

Possibly block their email address, presuming they always use the sameemail addresses.
bakerman
Mexico

12-10-2017, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

Possibly block their email address, presuming they always use the sameemail addresses.
Thank you, Tpin. I must be getting wooly headed. I had not thought of that. I will look into that immediately. Thanks , again.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 08:41 AM

The host for my website provides an email service where I can either block the email address or email server.

There is also a facility whereby I can automatically purge either the email address or email server. This action is permanent
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 08:59 AM

Hi Bakerman you could change your email address. I had to earier this year because my email provider closed down and it wasn't as difficult setting up a new account and notifying everyone as I thought it would be .

I had been with the same email provider since joining the internet years ago when security wasn't as good as it is now. I used to get lots of spam so my address must have been passed around.

I am now with Gmail, I chose it because it received excellent reviews .It has very good spam protection, I get virtually none now and can also report and block emails I don't wish to receive very easily. I wish I had changed before.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 01:02 PM

As well as using Gmail which has excellent anti-spam/junk features I also use a program called Pop Peeper which notifies you when emails arrive on the server and allows you to class them as valid or as junk. Those classed as junk will be deleted automatically before they find their way to your PC.

https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-peeper/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Change servers?

If you don't know how, then I doubt we do

I have a choice on mine, whether to just block sender, or block senders whole domain. I always choose the last, and that way no one else from the same domain can junk you either.
bakerman
Mexico

12-10-2017, 06:01 PM

Unfortunately, changing email servers is not an option. Many friends, businesses, doctors and such have my email address. Being deaf it is the only way for them to contact me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top