Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 09:56 AM

How Much?!!!!!!

I have an iPhone 4 that one of my daughters gave me when she upgraded.

The other day, l wanted to download some free radio shows off LBC. Unfortunately, l couldn’t as my iPhone won’t download the software iOS 10, it needs to get these shows. It only goes up to iOS 9 something?

My other daughter said, l could have her iPhone 6 as she has upgraded but the screen is damaged at the bottom. This is due to her friend accidentally dropping a bottle of wine on it in a restaurant!

I thought Apple would be expensive so l looked online for places that replace damaged screens. I read Timpsons replace damaged screens, so l rang them.
I couldn’t believe a bit of glass would be £90 or £140. iPhone 7 would be £200!

So l wondered if anyone knows if £90 is a good price or can you recommend somewhere else that replaces iphone screens?
Thank You.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 10:06 AM

Re: How Much?!!!!!!

Hi

Apple equals rip off.

You could try these.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...places-6233847
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have an iPhone 4 that one of my daughters gave me when she upgraded.

The other day, l wanted to download some free radio shows off LBC. Unfortunately, l couldn’t as my iPhone won’t download the software iOS 10, it needs to get these shows. It only goes up to iOS 9 something?

My other daughter said, l could have her iPhone 6 as she has upgraded but the screen is damaged at the bottom. This is due to her friend accidentally dropping a bottle of wine on it in a restaurant!

I thought Apple would be expensive so l looked online for places that replace damaged screens. I read Timpsons replace damaged screens, so l rang them.
I couldn’t believe a bit of glass would be £90 or £140. iPhone 7 would be £200!

So l wondered if anyone knows if £90 is a good price or can you recommend somewhere else that replaces iphone screens?
Thank You.
I had an iphone 6 screen fitted only last week...£40
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I had an iphone 6 screen fitted only last week...£40
That’s really good! Where was that at?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 10:17 AM

Just a small shop near my home.

If you want to(if you have no luck)send me the phone(recorded)and I'll get it done...then sort out the cost when you receive it back in working order.
##
Just a thought.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 10:18 AM

That’s really good! Where was that at?
I don't know were Terry had his done, but I had mine done in our local Colwyn Bay shopping Centre for £50 in one of the booths that are around.
Most big cities have those kind of booths for all things phones Art.
Good luck with that one!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-10-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Apple equals rip off.

You could try these.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...places-6233847
Thanks for the info, Swimmy. It’s a shame it doesn’t list the prices they charge.
On that list, it states Timpsons prices start at £39.99 but that’s probably for the iPhone 4?

It also states that 32,000 screens are damaged every day! That’s colossal!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 10:41 AM

l wondered if anyone knows if £90 is a good price or can you recommend somewhere else that replaces iphone screens?
Thank You.
iMend will come to you to fix your phone - Apple iPhone 6
Screen Repair - £59.99:

https://www.imend.com/uk/iphone-repair-west-midlands/
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-10-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
iMend will come to you to fix your phone - Apple iPhone 6
Screen Repair - £59.99:

https://www.imend.com/uk/iphone-repair-west-midlands/
Omah, Thanks, that’s a better price. I’m not sure about them coming into my house. I’d rather drop it off somewhere and collect.
Apparently, when it’s being repaired, you have to give the repairer your password etc to access your phone in order to test if it’s all working ok.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-10-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Just a small shop near my home.

If you want to(if you have no luck)send me the phone(recorded)and I'll get it done...then sort out the cost when you receive it back in working order.
##
Just a thought.
Terry, That’s a very kind gesture, Thank You but l suppose by the time l had paid recorded postage costs, it would probably amount to the same getting it done locally?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top