Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 02:11 PM

First Clegg, Now Branson Wishes Us Dead!!

First it was the has-been, Clegg, now it is Big-Mouth Richard Branson sneering that Brexit voters are dying off and that Britain will rejoin the EU in a few years.

Branson said yesterday he believes Britain will rejoin the EU because Brexit voters are “dying off”.

The Virgin tycoon, (a tax exile mind you and not even living in the UK), also said he believes the public would vote to Remain if there were a second referendum.
The billionaire’s comments come after former deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg also said there should be a second referendum because Leave voters are dying off.

Speaking to Irish radio station RTE, Branson 67, said Brexit was “the saddest thing that’s ever happened to what was Great Britain” and that the older generation “took a gun in their hand and just shot it at their seat”. He added: “The older generation is dying off. So whether there’s a second referendum before Brexit happens – I’m sure the Tory party will do their best not to allow that to happen – but I think within five years there will be a government in power in Britain that will ask Europe for a chance to let Britain re-enter”. “Because there will be so many young people who will be a little bit older by then, and so many of the older grandparents, who voted for Brexit will have died off, I think that Britain will become part of Europe again”.

Branson called for a second referendum earlier this year. And earlier this month the tycoon, who is worth an estimated £3.8billion, revealed Brexit has cost his business “tens of millions of pounds”. Branson is helping to fund a group campaigning to stop Brexit.

Well, I guess his arrogant, typically elitist words tell us the exact reason why over 17 million people voted to leave. The words from this man is typical of the know-all elite who think that the people are too thick to know what they are doing once they reach the age of 60+ and should leave such matters of importance to only those that are in keeping with the self-interested, elitist idiots.

A huge raspberry to you Branson. If-and -when Leave voters do indeed die off, there will be many more that will replace us, and that includes many voters who originally voted to Remain, having a change of heart
Be careful for what you wish for. You might get the shock of your tiny mind.
Your thoughts on this ….
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 02:18 PM

Re: First Clegg, Now Branson Wishes Us Dead!!

“Because there will be so many young people who will be a little bit older by then,
Older and, hopefully wiser and will have realised that their idealistic and naive support for an elitist bureaucracy interested only in furthering the anti-social aims of corporate capitalism was misplaced!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 02:30 PM

I can only applaud your post, Shropshire girl. You hit the nail on the head, and Branson too might well be dead in 5 years time, so he should shut his mouth as therefore his vote didn't count either..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 03:17 PM

Branson, like most remainiacs, is thinking only about his financial interests.

To be perfectly honest, if we remained in the EU I'd very probably be better off financially. So why did I vote to leave?

Quite simply, because I consider our future as an independent nation with the right to make our own laws far more important for the country as a whole.

So whatever accusations others may direct at me, selfishness is not one of them and my conscience is clear.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
To be perfectly honest, if we remained in the EU I'd very probably be better off financially. So why did I vote to leave?

Quite simply, because I consider our future as an independent nation with the right to make our own laws far more important for the country as a whole.

So whatever accusations others may direct at me, selfishness is not one of them and my conscience is clear.
That is exactly how the Yes voters who wanted Scotland felt, and still feel, about wanting their own Independence..

But I totally agree with Shropshire Girl's Post..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
That is exactly how the Yes voters who wanted Scotland felt, and still feel, about wanting their own Independence.
Funnily enough, I agree with them.

If Scotland left the UK, England would be better off financially.

What's more, the government could give their 'Barnett formula' to the North of England!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 04:31 PM

You'd be lucky lol, Westminster would come up with an excuse and a whole string of reasons to kill off the Barnett formula for good. No one would get it.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 06:45 PM

It’s curious that so many business people agree with Branson’s views on Brexit if they’re so wrong.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
It’s curious that so many business people agree with Branson’s views on Brexit if they’re so wrong.
It is, and oddly enough many of them are very wealthy tax exiles too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-10-2017, 07:03 PM

Then there's Dyson, one of our brightest inventors and successful businessmen. He thinks Brexit is the right thing to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top