Join for free
Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 13 14 15
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 02:05 PM

Re: Gender Neutral

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I hesitate to use the word 'normal', as I don't want to upset even more people, but if we can regard 'normal' as describing the traditional male and female genders, I can't think of what might be an acceptable word for all of those people who are not traditional male and female genders.
With regards to gender, the collective noun I use for those who don't identify as either male or female is non-binary.

Individuals identify themselves with many different terms - the terminology used is still very new and it will take a long time for people to get used to it because, although people of non-binary gender have always lived among us, we never needed labels in the past, when society didn't acknowledge their existence.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 02:42 PM

Um ... if we never needed labels in the past and true equality for all is the new name of the game why do they even need .... a label.
I find it more acceptable (if needs must) to use the term gender neutral, for anyone undergoing a physical transition and anyone else is what they are ... a he becomes a she .. a lesbian is still a female and a homosexual is still a man and a bi-sexual is male or female.

And if we are enthusiastically flogging labels for all regarding sexuality how come LGBT , lesbians, gays, bi and transgender, which was deemed more progressive and modern and replaced just gays and the representation of gays, why have one section of the community been left out?
The straights.
Are we in the closet now?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Um ... if we never needed labels in the past and true equality for all is the new name of the game why do they even need .... a label.
I find it more acceptable (if needs must) to use the term gender neutral, for anyone undergoing a physical transition and anyone else is what they are ... a he becomes a she .. a lesbian is still a female and a homosexual is still a man and a bi-sexual is male or female.

And if we are enthusiastically flogging labels for all regarding sexuality how come LGBT , lesbians, gays, bi and transgender, which was deemed more progressive and modern and replaced just gays and the representation of gays, why have one section of the community been left out?
The straights.
Are we in the closet now?
I don't think we need labels, we are all people who develop in different ways, but society seems to feel the need to label us from the moment we are born.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 04:03 PM

May I tell you something here? It might seem off-topic but it is not really.
It's about goats. I used to keep them.

The majority of goats are born with tiny 'horn buds' which rapidly start growing into little pointy horns if they are not disbudded by a vet very early on.

Very occasionally you get one born that is naturally hornless, it is called a Polled Goat.
Now here is the strange bit about genetics.
If you were daft enough to mate two naturally hornless goats, you would more than likely get Hermaphrodite kids born. So you only ever mate a naturally polled goat with a horned one to avoid this problem.

The purpose of this riveting information is to show how genetics can make a difference to sexual organs, and I believe it is perfectly rational to wonder if the same can happen in human babies.
Obviously not from polled parents of course, but the same theory.
A meeting of specific recessive genes from both parents which causes some people to be born not quite having the normal sexual organs of either sex.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
May I tell you something here? It might seem off-topic but it is not really.
It's about goats. I used to keep them.

The majority of goats are born with tiny 'horn buds' which rapidly start growing into little pointy horns if they are not disbudded by a vet very early on.

Very occasionally you get one born that is naturally hornless, it is called a Polled Goat.
Now here is the strange bit about genetics.
If you were daft enough to mate two naturally hornless goats, you would more than likely get Hermaphrodite kids born. So you only ever mate a naturally polled goat with a horned one to avoid this problem.

The purpose of this riveting information is to show how genetics can make a difference to sexual organs, and I believe it is perfectly rational to wonder if the same can happen in human babies.
Obviously not from polled parents of course, but the same theory.
A meeting of specific recessive genes from both parents which causes some people to be born not quite having the normal sexual organs of either sex.
That's very interesting mups, when anyone says they don't believe in homosexuality I always think of one of my past males who was rampantly homosexual never liked the girls but was in love with any boy he saw. And I've had a girl we used to say was a nun she didn't want boys or girls just was not interested in sex at all. If animals have these differences I can't see humans as making a decision as much as just being as they are because they are.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 04:58 PM

I meant you can see from the external genitals these animals are not quite as they should be.

I don't know if this is the same in human babies?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 02:17 AM

I wonder how many of these folk are just Guinea Pigs for the Frank Enstein surgeons?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 11:56 PM

Kitty has the answers (as always).

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 02:03 PM

Now here's a strange thing... I'm doing the Pairs Pictures thread in the Quiz section here.
There's a photo of a famous transvestite and for the life of me I can't recall his name, I know the face so well..
So I googled photos of famous transvestites...flippin heck, it's all transgender and no way can I find this man!!
What's going on?????

Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 13 14 15

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top