Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:11 PM

Re: Gender Neutral

I agree adults should be allowed to make their choice, but I do think that registering a new born baby as gender neutral is not right. Apart from the quite rare but obvious cases where babies are born with abnormal genitalia, most are born either male or female and should be allowed their childhood as such.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:13 PM

The whole world has gone mad. When I was young, you were either male, female or gay. Now you can be one of these:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...acebook-users/
How many bloody toilets can be installed?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I'm very happy for people to be exactly what they want to be.........."people" meaning adults!

However, I resent the resources demanded by the LGBT community for counselling and reconstructive surgery whilst others are left waiting for appointments for a very very long time. I also resent resources being demanded for "gender neutral" facilities, including passports, other legal documents and toilet/changing room facilities. Personally, I don't want to share a changing room with someone who looks like a man but has long hair, hormonal breasts, make-up etc but I don't want my taxes being spent on special toilet/changing room facilities.
Let's prioritise NHS procedures for life saving/enhancing surgeries, before gender changing surgeries. Let's also say that if a person has a penis, that person uses the mens facilities!
I also believe the gender issue should not be discussed or debated in schools............kids need to develop naturally without debates influencing their decisions.
I completely agree.

I felt exactly the same about the NHS when I read, some time ago now, about some woman having breast enlargements free on the NHS.

In my opinion, the primary purpose of the NHS is to maintain life, cure illnesses and prevent pain whenever possible.

Certainly, self-inflicted injuries and illnesses should come a poor second, as should such things as cosmetic 'improvements'.

And my first choice of ejection would be the drunks who descend upon casualty departments on a Friday and Saturday night.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I agree adults should be allowed to make their choice, but I do think that registering a new born baby as gender neutral is not right. Apart from the quite rare but obvious cases where babies are born with abnormal genitalia, most are born either male or female and should be allowed their childhood as such.
There was a spot on the beeb news the other day about children born without their genitals being discernibly developed, which led to decisions being made by medics as to their gender. A highlighted case (obviously) described a baby where the decision was made to bring up the child as a girl but by teenage years, "he" decided he was a boy and felt happier as a bloke............but the decisions by medics as a child resulted in removal of male sex organs!!

So............in those cases wouldn't it be better to leave whatever the child is born with to develop and leave it to the parents to decide as to which sex to bring their child up?
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I might have missed it but is anyone suggesting that new born babies should be registered as gender neutral?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
The whole world has gone mad.
I disagree.

It is only the trendy Western nations that have gone mad!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
I might have missed it but is anyone suggesting that new born babies should be registered as gender neutral?
Yes they are!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-10-2017, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
There was a spot on the beeb news the other day about children born without their genitals being discernibly developed, which led to decisions being made by medics as to their gender. A highlighted case (obviously) described a baby where the decision was made to bring up the child as a girl but by teenage years, "he" decided he was a boy and felt happier as a bloke............but the decisions by medics as a child resulted in removal of male sex organs!!

So............in those cases wouldn't it be better to leave whatever the child is born with to develop and leave it to the parents to decide as to which sex to bring their child up?
I wonder whether a more sensible decision might be based on the chromosomes of the affected child.

XX = female
XY = male

I think this could be determined by tissue samples.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

13-10-2017, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I wonder whether a more sensible decision might be based on the chromosomes of the affected child.

XX = female
XY = male

I think this could be determined by tissue samples.
Yes I agree with that JBR. Surely a DNA test can discern gender?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:35 PM

Soon, there will be no "blokes" left, that may be a good thing.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top