Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 08:55 AM

Arrogant, ignorant & stupid Ministers!!!

The scumbag 'nasty party' ministers are after spending 'our' money on useless fantasies simply because the Brexit tallks are failing and the scumbags are not getting their way!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7998021.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:06 AM

Re: Arrogant, ignorant & stupid Ministers!!!

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The scumbag 'nasty party' ministers are after spending 'our' money on useless fantasies simply because the Brexit tallks are failing and the scumbags are not getting their way!!!

I thing when reading the article you must have missed this bit....
The privately funded “Brexit-annia” would be employed in a bid to secure the numerous trade deals the UK must win after leaving the EU.

It's actually old news , see this article from last October...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-yacht-britan/
Its obviously taken the Independent a year to catch up.

A privately commissioned yatch sounds an excellent idea to me,a floating hotel with its own security in which we can carry on trade talks when we leave the EU.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

A privately commissioned yatch sounds an excellent idea to me,a floating hotel with its own security in which we can carry on trade talks when we leave the EU.

Yeah, an ideal target for a missile!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:56 AM

Didn't the royal yacht do just that? promote trade with other countries
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Didn't the royal yacht do just that? promote trade with other countries
In theory, yes.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 11:36 AM

Talking of stupid, what has happened to Diane?
I had a bit of a chuckle at this when a guy on Facebook thought that Diane Abbott had died, he read the headlines that Hugh Hefner had died and thought it said Huge Heifer had died.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-10-2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Talking of stupid, what has happened to Diane?
I had a bit of a chuckle at this when a guy on Facebook thought that Diane Abbott had died, he read the headlines that Hugh Hefner had died and thought it said Huge Heifer had died.....

Your attempt at humour and diversion of this thread is weak and pathetic !!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 12:01 PM

Your attempt at humour and diversion of this thread is weak and pathetic !!!
But it was funny, like all your posts. You really need to think about your posts before you post. Might I suggest that if you want to have readers support Labour Party policies you drop the ‘ spitting in the face’ attitude to readers on here who do not support Labour.
I suppose that the many years of brain washing you have undergone might make that difficult and that your spiteful attitude is generated by the knowledge that the Labour Party will never form a government in your lifetime, which we all hope will be long and fruitful. btw where is Diane, remedial maths for the disadvantaged at the local college?
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Why do we need a huge yacht to carry on trade talks? Can't trade talks be done without one just as other countries seem to manage to do?

Even if private funding can be raised to wholly buy the yacht (and i can only guess at the perks those mega rich donors might be expecting in return) the taxpayer will have to fund the estimated annual running costs of £10m.

I think it's just a show off vanity thing similar to the London garden bridge which was going to be built mainly with private funding and look what happened to that.

It's a ridiculous idea which can't be justified in the current political and economic climate and possibly not ever.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-10-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
Why do we need a huge yacht to carry on trade talks? Can't trade talks be done without one just as other countries seem to manage to do?

Even if private funding can be raised to wholly buy the yacht (and i can only guess at the perks those mega rich donors might be expecting in return) the taxpayer will have to fund the estimated annual running costs of £10m.

I think it's just a show off vanity thing similar to the London garden bridge which was going to be built mainly with private funding and look what happened to that.

It's a ridiculous idea which can't be justified in the current political and economic climate and possibly not ever.

As I said (above) darlin' a new royal yacht would make an ever so splendid target for a missile!!! https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...g&action=click as the Royal Navy discovered down in the Falklands. The French built Etond'art missile launched from the French built mirage fighters the Argentinians had hit several ships with devasting consequences.

Incidentally, the on-board targetting system of the missile was designed and built at the BAe factories in Havant and Portsmouth.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top