Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 12:28 PM

Re: Arrogant, ignorant & stupid Ministers!!!

I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't a yacht would make any more of a target than many other things and locations I can think of.

I doubt very much whether the royal family would spend much, if any, time on board a new yacht given that the cost of protecting the Queen etc,. was one of the reasons Britannia went.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't a yacht would make any more of a target than many other things and locations I can think of.

I doubt very much whether the royal family would spend much, if any, time on board a new yacht given that the cost of protecting the Queen etc,. was one of the reasons Britannia went.

A yacht, or indeed any ship at sea makes a far better target than any building ashore darlin', since one can never be certain which room or indeed whether the intended target was even in the building, whereas in a ship at sea - there aren't many places to hide and even if you did miss the intended target, by sinking the ship, there is always the chance that the target could drown or be attacked by sea creatures long before help arrived.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
As I said (above) darlin' a new royal yaqcht would make an ever so splendid target for a missile!!! https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...g&action=click as the Royal Navy discovered down in the Falklands. The French built Etond'art missile launched from the French built mirage fighters the Argentinians had hit several ships with devasting consequences.

Incidentally, the on-board targetting system of the missile was designed and built at the BAe factories in Havant and Portsmouth.
Argentinian Mirage fighters launched Exocet, your ref is to a ship launched missile system.
Btw The Argentinians lost.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Argentinian Mirage fighters launched Exocet, your ref is to a ship launched missile system.
Btw The Argentinians lost.

I don't think it makes a lot of difference from which platform it was launched, a missile is a missile, is a missile. If its targetted accurately it can do an awaful lot of damage or even sink the targetted vessel!!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 01:44 PM

Wrong...again, if you quote something then you need accurate like your missiles, which will stop people likemoi bringing you to task yet again. So stop waffling

Ps it makes a lot of difference to the pilots btw
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
As I said (above) darlin' a new royal yacht would make an ever so splendid target for a missile!!! https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...g&action=click as the Royal Navy discovered down in the Falklands. The French built Etond'art missile launched from the French built mirage fighters the Argentinians had hit several ships with devasting consequences.

Incidentally, the on-board targetting system of the missile was designed and built at the BAe factories in Havant and Portsmouth.
You really are beyond ridicule even for a brainwashed commie! Whilst the government want to do trade deals all around the world to boost the economy your immediate and only spiteful response is to missile the boat they wish to use, and you have the gall to call others nasty.

Methinks you should look closer to home.... matey....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

14-10-2017, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
You really are beyond ridicule even for a brainwashed commie! Whilst the government want to do trade deals all around the world to boost the economy your immediate and only spiteful response is to missile the boat they wish to use, and you have the gall to call others nasty.

Methinks you should look closer to home.... matey....
He is the same guy that in a previous thread stated that he would be happy to execute the Royal Family, is it just commie thing? They did it to the Russian Royal Family
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 02:22 PM

He is the same guy that in a previous thread stated that he would be happy to execute the Royal Family, is it just commie thing? They did it to the Russian Royal Family
Had he said that in one of many other countries including Netherlands he could have been severely sentenced.

Netherlands:

That's right, even liberal little Netherlands has laws to protect its rulers' honor. Intentionally insulting the monarch could earn you up to five years' imprisonment or a fine, while the same offense against the monarch's spouse, the heir apparent, the heir apparent's spouse or the regent carries up to four years behind bars. And these laws don't just sit gathering dust in the statute books, by the way: in 2007, two people were arrested for separately calling the then Queen Beatrix a "whore," while in 2012 another two individuals found themselves with short prison sentences for making statements judged offensive to her dignity.

Poland;

publicly insulting the Polish president is punishable by up to three years in prison. But the same warning goes for anyone tempted to take a swing at Poland's foreign guests. You see, the country's penal code extends the same privilege to any foreign head of state while he or she is on Polish soil. So, for example, during a state visit by Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2005, Polish police arrested 28 protesters demonstrating against him. It may not be the world's harshest insult law, but it's certainly had one of the weirdest applications: in 2006, prosecutors reportedly charged a 45-year-old man with "contempt for the office of the head of state" after he, ahem, loudly passed gas at the mention of Poland's then-president.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-10-2017, 04:07 PM

So too did the French, so too did the Hungarians, so too did the Roumanians.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Had he said that in one of many other countries including Norway he could have been severely sentenced.

Norway:

That's right, even liberal little Netherlands has laws to protect its rulers' honor. Intentionally insulting the monarch could earn you up to five years' imprisonment or a fine, while the same offense against the monarch's spouse, the heir apparent, the heir apparent's spouse or the regent carries up to four years behind bars. And these laws don't just sit gathering dust in the statute books, by the way: in 2007, two people were arrested for separately calling the then Queen Beatrix a "whore," while in 2012 another two individuals found themselves with short prison sentences for making statements judged offensive to her dignity.

Poland;

publicly insulting the Polish president is punishable by up to three years in prison. But the same warning goes for anyone tempted to take a swing at Poland's foreign guests. You see, the country's penal code extends the same privilege to any foreign head of state while he or she is on Polish soil. So, for example, during a state visit by Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2005, Polish police arrested 28 protesters demonstrating against him. It may not be the world's harshest insult law, but it's certainly had one of the weirdest applications: in 2006, prosecutors reportedly charged a 45-year-old man with "contempt for the office of the head of state" after he, ahem, loudly passed gas at the mention of Poland's then-president.
Me thinks you have Norway in the wrong part of the world, it is nothing to do with the Netherlands, it is close to 600 miles away, but never mind they are great friends

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top