Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:27 AM

Corrosives

I see that it has now been proposed in the U k that if you are caught carrying a corrosive substance twice within 6 months there will be a mandatory prison sentence !!
I can imagine all the furtive looks as people come out of the supermarket with their bottles of Bleach and toilet cleaner in plain paper wrapping.
The quick dash for the car, fumbling with the Boot lock, then the sigh of relief when its safely hidden away, only to have to face the security check at the car park exit.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:47 AM

Re: Corrosives

I can't imagine why we need all these ridiculous laws when there already is one......Possession of a deadly weapon.....Surely, if you're walking around with a litre of sulphuric acid in your hand and you're not a chemist you're up to no good.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I can't imagine why we need all these ridiculous laws when there already is one......Possession of a deadly weapon.....Surely, if you're walking around with a litre of sulphuric acid in your hand and you're not a chemist you're up to no good.....
My thoughts exactly OGF.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Easy, it is so members of parliment can be seen to do something, no matter how useless it is
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Easy, it is so members of parliment can be seen to do something, no matter how useless it is
They must be 'round the bend.'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-10-2017, 10:16 AM

The trouble is, it must be difficult for police to determine who the offenders are. There's old Mrs Biggins with her bottle of Brobat walking out of Tesco's, who insists it's for cleaning her toilet, then there's a gang of masked yobs with funny accents that claim the same. How could they possibly tell who is genuine? Best to arrest the lot of 'em I say.

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Don't think they are talking about the sort of drain cleaners you can buy in the supermarket.
The dangerous ones that you get in the hardware stores and are marked "for professional use only" are the ones they are talking about and if you are not a plumber you should not have it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-10-2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Don't think they are talking about the sort of drain cleaners you can buy in the supermarket.
The dangerous ones that you get in the hardware stores and are marked "for professional use only" are the ones they are talking about and if you are not a plumber you should not have it.
What about those that are not plumbers but want to clear a blocked drain and have no intentions of pouring it over someone's head?

Once again, it's the many that suffer for the few.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What about those that are not plumbers but want to clear a blocked drain and have no intentions of pouring it over someone's head?

Once again, it's the many that suffer for the few.
Don't try be funny it does not work, you are another one that just likes to argue for the sake of it.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 01:02 PM

exactly, so you get stopped, explain what its for , but I bet your name goes on a list of people to check up on. I would have thought that bleach was not the best thing to get in your eyes.

i would imagine that at some point the products that are banned will be listed and also to buy you will have to provide your details , so i dont think that the ladies here will have to have their bleach in a plain brown bag

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top