Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Chatterbox
North West, UK
Chatterbox is female 

15-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Re: Patients to be asked their sexuality

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Years ago I was told never answer this question...insurance companies would load policies for certain sections of society.

Ok, it was many years ago when AIDS was in the press 24/7.

I was told that those going for STD checks should always give a false name as by having the test you were admitting that you were promiscuous.

Some people had life insurance premiums increased and some refused.
I never thought of that. Maybe its a precursor to 'loading' an individuals NI
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 11:48 AM

This is yet another example of this political correctness lark getting madder by the day.
In turn making me mad of course!
If I were asked that particular question by my Doc or whoever, my answer would end in off!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 11:49 AM

'Sex?'

'Well, I'm here for an appointment but I have a few minutes'.

DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
This is yet another example of this political correctness lark getting madder by the day.
If I were asked that particular question by my Doc or whoever, my answer would end in off!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 11:53 AM

Ah, so you like to talk dirty eh? There must be a category for that somewhere.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 12:01 PM

Hi

If you were to be asked that question by one of our Nurses, your answer would be Yes Please.

She is a good looking 50ish recently divorced lady.

Unfortunately she wants a Golfing Partner, which is definitely not me.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 12:19 PM

Apologies. My mistake. Deleted.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't know about been PC. This is a little different to the neutral gender hoohah.
In the interests of their own health is it advisable to tell their doctor what their orientation is? And it'd become a little obvious if you were a bloke who has his next of kin down as Mr My Husband.

They could always lie or play cagey I suppose ... as some smokers do.
At my doctors, on the repeat prescription forms you fill in, they already want to know.
Do you smoke? ..... How many a day?
Which I leave blank.
Hi

Wow, not a question they ask here.

When I was smoking, my answer would have been less than the Doc.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't know about been PC. This is a little different to the neutral gender hoohah.
In the interests of their own health is it advisable to tell their doctor what their orientation is? And it'd become a little obvious if you were a bloke who has his next of kin down as Mr My Husband.

They could always lie or play cagey I suppose ... as some smokers do.
At my doctors, on the repeat prescription forms you fill in, they already want to know.
Do you smoke? ..... How many a day?
Which I leave blank.
I don't blame you....I wish I had.
Every month I get at least one call inviting me to take part in some give up smoking related activity.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I don't blame you....I wish I had.
Every month I get at least one call inviting me to take part in some give up smoking related activity.

I made the same mistake, being too honest doesn't seem to pay nowadays. I think you get better treatment if you are on drugs, anti-depressents etc. They seem to prefer
you to be out of your mind rather than keeping a clear mind by having a cigarette.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top