Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 09:34 PM

Re: Unforgettable Characters. Have You Known Any?

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
We used to have a character in the 80s, called Albert, he would often be found in the city , shouting " move it" to traffic and tourists alike, quite frightening, but harmless really, he once found an old reel of bus conductors tickets, and could be seen charging visitors to go on the bar walls!, the police used to pick him up and, rather than sending him to the cells, they'd take him to tadcaster, about 6 miles away, and he had to walk back,! He was very well known and if he went into a pub ( assuming he wasn't barred ) a huge cheer would go up from the pubgoers, he was a minor celebrity around here..
I remember him, Primus.
Do you remember the other notable character known as 'Snake Face' ? He had a tattoo of a Cobra that coiled round his neck a couple of times and ended with it's head on his left cheek. The police knew him very well but, when caught up to no good, he always said 'Not me, Gov' (perhaps not so politely) and accused witnesses of lying or being mistaken in identifying him - as if there could be more than one with that tattoo!!

I wonder where they are now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 09:38 PM

Re: Unforgettable Characters. Have You Known Any?

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I remember my first Wife.
I remember my second Wife.
How could I not?!
Boozie, Do you live near Llandudno? There is a well known character called the ‘Monkey Man’.
Have you heard of him?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top