Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 04:18 PM

Re: Anyone know about renting legalities ?

She should obtain evidence of his behaviour. Maybe video him. The council will ask for a log of incidents. He could deny that with no evidence.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Both need to have permanent fixings, fixings she would be charged for if she drilled into his property. The film allows light in with out prying eyes.
Hang on...she is not allowed curtains or blinds??? That is not right! Fixings should be basic in a property, rented or not.

Is he a registered landlord, with his council?
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 04:28 PM

Living in rented property, I always contact my Letting Agent if I want to do anything to the property or have a problem. Having said that, I do have my landlord's phone number and could contact him direct, but choose to go through the agent. I could not have a better landlord, he comes round immediately if I have a problem, if he or his son cant sort it, then he hires someone in. He tells me that this is my home and must treat it as such.

As the person in the OP is not making a permanent fitting to the property, nor causing irrepairable damage, then there is no case to answer. Anyway, the initial deposit on moving in is made in order to cover any repairs needed when the tenant moves out. Just as the bond I paid to have a dog, it is there for repairs and fumigating, if necessary, when I vacate the house.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 04:49 PM

I still think curtains or blinds are a basic right in the property.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hang on...she is not allowed curtains or blinds??? That is not right! Fixings should be basic in a property, rented or not.

in my properties,i have had to put curtain poles over all windows.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 05:05 PM

I still think curtains or blinds are a basic right in the property.
My rented house had curtains fitted to the main rooms and blinds to the kitchen and bathroom and also lampshades throughout. When my landlord came round one day just after I had moved in I was in the process of hanging my own curtains and using my own lampshades. He immediately offered to take his things away and had them removed from the inventory. I also changed to cooker hob, with his permission. After all, he benefits now with an induction hob fitted.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 07:08 AM

Absolutely this is harassment !
He sounds like a perve she should call the police next but preferably MOVE!
Landord or no he has no business whatsoever doing this and she should definitely put up curtains or blinds .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 07:09 AM

I wonder .
This is outrageous behaviour and should not be tolerated .
I am a landlord myself and would never dream of treating my excellent tenants in this manner.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 09:37 AM

It's all come to a bit of a head last evening huge row when he let himself in, my husband went round to help her move her stuff and she's gone to stay with her sister. Police were there and took a dim view of what's been going on, told her to leave for her own safety, apparently he's on the sex offenders register ! I think she's got out of there just in time.

I am amazed there are no laws make sex offenders illegal to be landlords makes me shudder to think what could happen.

Friend where I work has a room to rent needs a share so I'm going to introduce them see if they can get together, both lovely ladies and she has a great landlord none of this nonsense.

Think the problems here are properties are so expensive people are landlords who have no idea what their responsibilities are and renters new to the market have no idea either. It's a jungle out there.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

18-10-2017, 09:40 AM

Good grief, Julie! Glad she's now out, though, and hope you can get her that place. What an evil man!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top