Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 06:44 PM

This means war..!!

A short while ago we all, in our street, received a leaflet telling us we are all going to get super fast fibre optic broadband, the pavements will have to be dug up, fair enough, but we came home tonight to find markings outside our house as to where the junction box will be sited,, right outside our house, in front of our fence, this means that the local " little darlings" will be able to stand on the box ( as they do with the one across the road) and look right into our garden, this also means that it will be very easy to climb over our fence and onto our property to do goodness knows what, plus the box will also suffer from being covered in graffiti, which will also spread to uor fence, plus it will make access for maintainance ( painting) difficult, my wife was straight on the phone and she has been promised either a phone call or visit by someone, but we'll see,
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 07:31 PM

Re: This means war..!!

Yes I'd be mad too . I heard of a man who was going to make a dropped pavement outside his house , he was going to take down part of his front garden wall and build up his drive to accommodate a small campervan and car . He came home to find such a box right outside the front of his house which meant he couldn't do his dropped pavement and drive .

Good luck with your fight
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 11:09 PM

Good luck with that one, Primus. When they came to do our street - they made such a mess of it. The workmen spoke very little english - and had absolutely no concept of straight lines. There were three people who fell and hurt themselves, one quite seriously, over stuff left about on the pavement with no 'hazard' lights and - two years later - they are still coming back, frequently, to fix bits that are lifting and causing problems!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 12:11 AM

Like bus stops these boxes have to go somewhere. Surely it is on public property?

For fibre to the home they are very small. Much ado about nothing in my opinion.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	130909 025 NBN Cabinet Moombara St.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	4256  
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 06:49 AM

As kids, we used to hang around a GPO box, but, there were a lot of kids then, there seem to be less nowadays, or maybe there are just as many, but a high percentage are Hermits.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 09:50 AM

I know it's annoying but surely it has to go somewhere, if it doesn't go there won't it upset another neighbour, or is there somewhere won't upset anyone ?

We had an electricity substation built at entrance to our flats, that really caused problems as carpark was unable to be used while it was built then it's been focus of kids for years. But if it hadn't annoyed us it would have annoyed someone else so most of us just accepted life's not perfect.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
A short while ago we all, in our street, received a leaflet telling us we are all going to get super fast fibre optic broadband, the pavements will have to be dug up, fair enough, but we came home tonight to find markings outside our house as to where the junction box will be sited,, right outside our house, in front of our fence, this means that the local " little darlings" will be able to stand on the box ( as they do with the one across the road) and look right into our garden, this also means that it will be very easy to climb over our fence and onto our property to do goodness knows what, plus the box will also suffer from being covered in graffiti, which will also spread to uor fence, plus it will make access for maintainance ( painting) difficult, my wife was straight on the phone and she has been promised either a phone call or visit by someone, but we'll see,

I see the NIMBY are revolting!!!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I see the NIMBY are revolting!!!

Tell me about it UJ.
Tell me about it!

But I believe most of us are NIMBY'S anyway, and if I were Primus I would be at battle stations also.
Go get em' Primus.
I am on your side even though some of our 'friends' are obviously not.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I know it's annoying but surely it has to go somewhere, if it doesn't go there won't it upset another neighbour, or is there somewhere won't upset anyone ?

We had an electricity substation built at entrance to our flats, that really caused problems as carpark was unable to be used while it was built then it's been focus of kids for years. But if it hadn't annoyed us it would have annoyed someone else so most of us just accepted life's not perfect.
I think I know were Primus would like to shove that box right now!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:57 AM

I'm always on members sides it's just I can't see where else they want it sited. If it's going to affect another neighbor it could go on for ever, they want the broadband that comes with this box. If they don't want it tell the company they are happy with speeds they get and let someone else have the speed. Plenty would like it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top