Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 11:04 AM

Re: This means war..!!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm always on members sides it's just I can't see where else they want it sited. If it's going to affect another neighbor it could go on for ever, they want the broadband that comes with this box. If they don't want it tell the company they are happy with speeds they get and let someone else have the speed. Plenty would like it.
I am pretty certain that with just that little bit of extra consideration for placement, it/they could be put at a position which is not going to impact on peoples property and possible house values.
The thing is Julie, BT are a lousy utility company anyway, and just don't care so will stick them were they want without consideration to anyone else.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 01:28 PM

Good luck, Primus.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 05:45 PM

Success, a chap came round this morning and they have agreed to move it a few feet away, its not that we are nimbys, its just that where they were going to put it would have given easy access for someone to climb over our fence into our garden, it will be nearer the corner of the fence and we can plant something spikey in the bit of garden which will be behind the box..
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 06:12 PM

Well done Primus.

I understand that they give you free connection, if you agree to let them site the box like that.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Well done Primus.

I understand that they give you free connection, if you agree to let them site the box like that.
Oo I didn't know that, will have to look into it
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Success, a chap came round this morning and they have agreed to move it a few feet away, its not that we are nimbys, its just that where they were going to put it would have given easy access for someone to climb over our fence into our garden, it will be nearer the corner of the fence and we can plant something spikey in the bit of garden which will be behind the box..
Well done Primus.
I am ever so pleased for you.
I reckon they heard about your rant on this forum.
So they caved in!
Primus1
York

19-10-2017, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Well done Primus.
I am ever so pleased for you.
I reckon they heard about your rant on this forum.
So they caved in!
Actually, I can't take credit, it was the missus, not a woman to be crossed...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top