Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 01:18 AM

Do you believe in Karma, Justice?

Do you believe in the concept of Karma in the sense of an individuals thoughts and actions of good intent will return to the individual and that the opposite of bad intent and actions will bring retribution.
Like with the pagan wiccan Rule of Three where the good or bad energy an individual sends out into the world will be returned threefold.
Or do you believe that there ain't no justice in the world. and wonder if there will be in the next?

Sorry but have posted very little lately as just couldn't find the words but hope this thread may interest others.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 05:31 AM

Re: Do you believe in Karma, Justice?

I believe in karma but not on an individual level. As in good/bad thoughts, actions and intent spread to others (like molecules in a liquid or gas) and can make the world a better or worse place, but human nature and circumstance are behind it. We influence one another and nobody is perfect so we can't help it. We make good or bad choices and then you have the wildcard of seemingly random events or the cards you are dealt with.

So having written that I'm coming to the conclusion that I probably believe there ain't no justice in the world, but what I mean is that on an individual level we are limited in what we can do to change the fate of others and giving out good energy doesn't mean you have a good life with no problems. Giving out bad energy doesn't mean you have a bad life. It's like teachers used to say "life isn't fair".
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 07:16 AM

No, I don't believe in karma. I think most people who do terrible things go through life unpunished. I don't really know what "good energy" means unless it's a blind optimism towards others and expecting them to treat you kindly and morally.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:05 AM

I'd like to think there is Karma , perhaps as in an energy way , the saying what goes round comes round comes to mind . I like to think I give out good energy and like to hope it comes back .

As for the next world , I do feel we have an atonement (at onement) maybe knowing how we have lived our life and treated others perhaps all part of our life lessons .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:13 AM

A Hindu lady I was speaking to last week said something which made me think.

You know sometimes we hear of people being badly treated or abused, and people always say "If there was a God why would he let this happen etc etc...."

Well she believes it is because they were bad people in their past life, and they must now experience these things to learn what it is like.
So just because some think they have got away with these things at the time, they will be attended to later.

Now it's no good trying to shoot down her theory or have a go at me, because it was HER theory, and she is entitled to it. It was just a passing comment which I didn't explore further at the time.
I have only just remembered it again because we are talking about Karma.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 11:02 AM

I think it can happen but not often enough to mean it works.

My bully bosses have had nothing but bad luck since they lost the contract where I work whereas I've now got lovely bosses that actually appreciate the work done. Karma worked there nicely.

Our late tashas attacker has never got out of prison, each time he's released the police meet him at the gate of the prison and rearrest him on another charge. Karma again.

But I can name many other instances it hasn't worked at all.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 11:21 AM

Mups hinduism seems to be very much about accepting your destiny, the theory being that you cannot change it. So your friend's view would fit with that.

IMO our actions bear no connection to what happens randomly in nature. But our psyche has a need to rationalise the chaos of life and create reason where none exists. Otherwise all the animals that suffer terribly in abattoirs and science labs must have been truly viscious in their previous life.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
No, I don't believe in karma. I think most people who do terrible things go through life unpunished. I don't really know what "good energy" means unless it's a blind optimism towards others and expecting them to treat you kindly and morally.
Like life after death, it would be nice to believe in karma but I am a realist and am sure that neither exists.

Certainly in this country, criminals go through life unpunished, but that's because of our lenient judicial system. That is why we have so much crime these days.

The only karma is on the rare occasions when victims take the law into their own hands.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 12:14 PM

in one way I believe in Karma, but not necessarily on this earth. I believe our memory bank goes with us. Memory we cannot touch, feel, erase, and it is the person we are.
It won't die, how can such a thing of unseen energy die when our thought process and conscience transmits so much into the world ?
Karma comes later.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 12:17 PM

No, it's nonsense, however there are laws of physics which might apply.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top