Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:07 PM

Re: Do you believe in Karma, Justice?

I don't think that Karma is about the universe punishing those who did wrong or rewarding people who have been good. I don't really believe in 'Karma' as a concept but, from what I've read, I think it's more about attracting the same kind of vibrations you send out to the Universe, rather than someone who did a bad thing to you receiving karmic retribution in a tangible form.
So if someone who often acts with unkindness is sending out negative vibes to the Universe, they may not get their come-uppance in obvious ways, but they will continue attracting negativity in their thoughts and never feel the same kind of happiness a positive person feels.

I think this kind of reflects my more practical belief that it's more about your own mental attitude.
Even if someone does something bad to you, the way you react to it and deal with it affects the overall outcome for yourself.
If you have a positive mental attitude and think and act in positive ways, you are more likely to attract and experience positive results and more easily overcome the negativity that others may try to bring into your life.
Negativity breeds negativity and doesn't bring positive rewards.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I don't think that Karma is about the universe punishing those who did wrong or rewarding people who have been good. I don't really believe in 'Karma' as a concept but, from what I've read, I think it's more about attracting the same kind of vibrations you send out to the Universe, rather than someone who did a bad thing to you receiving karmic retribution in a tangible form.
So if someone who often acts with unkindness is sending out negative vibes to the Universe, they may not get their come-uppance in obvious ways, but they will continue attracting negativity in their thoughts and never feel the same kind of happiness a positive person feels.

I think this kind of reflects my more practical belief that it's more about your own mental attitude.
Even if someone does something bad to you, the way you react to it and deal with it affects the overall outcome for yourself.
If you have a positive mental attitude and think and act in positive ways, you are more likely to attract and experience positive results and more easily overcome the negativity that others may try to bring into your life.
Well said boot ... I agree
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Well said boot ... I agree
Me too, excellent post
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Hi AnnieS
You made me smile today, thank you. It was as if you were saying that Sainsburys have opted out of Karma where as Tesco were part of the natural oneness of the world. You certainly brightened my day although I know that's not what you meant but I just had this picture flash into my mind of Tesco management dressed in orange robes with shaved heads and prayer wheels.
Heh, I'm glad it made you smile I will now have a permanent mental image of Tesco call centre being full of robed monks wearing headphones!

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I have had suggested to me on YouTube about something called The Secret. Is it this what you mean. I haven't watched it yet.

Is it the same as the novel The Shack? Christian novel by William P Young. ]
Yes I believe that is the Secret. Although I read "the Key" which is a follow up publication to explain why the secret hasn't worked. The Shack which seems a more inspirational & creative read. I do know someone who is one of the nicest, kindest, funniest and most amazing people who recommended the Secret. He said it changed his life.

I think it's just about generosity of spirit. People forget to give of themselves in these days of high tech. We also forget to ask for what we want. I guess this is about asking and believing you will get it. Then giving back the good feelings to everyone around you. Not being introspective or dwelling on what can't be done. But focusing on the light. It sounds a bit corny but it's the only way to explain it

I'm not sure of how this fits in with the karma theory, other than as some have already said, we make our own karma. We aren't responsible for the karma of others. Inspiring others to change is more effective than punishing them for not being perfect.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Boot ->

I cannot help but see parallels with Buddhist philosophy. Existence is suffering, acceptance is key, truth in kindness, pain in expectations, peace through compassion. No Deity but the universe. A total antithesis to our modern consumerist world.

As I understand it Hinduism came first, Buddhism evolved from it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Me too, excellent post

And me.
Good post Boot.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And me.
Good post Boot.
I also agree. Perhaps we should start a Boot appreciation society for sensible posts.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top