Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 04:24 PM

Re: Of all the stupid things...

If my phone rings when i'm out, which is not very often, I always find a bench to sit on, then talk.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 09:04 PM

Like this dozy mare. She had the nerve to try and sue the mall for damages too.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Perhaps she was using the GPS, adding a reminder note to her diary, entering a phone number from a nearby sign, checking on location of the nearest post box, trying to find an ATM or vet; there are many reasons for accessing a phone in the street.
She could always do what people did about those things before mobiles were invented ?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
She could always do what people did about those things before mobiles were invented ?
Oh dear the Luddites are on the loose... Or she could ignore the invention of the internal combustion engine and walk or travel everywhere by horse. Not going to happen.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 12:43 PM

And people wonder about how their phones get smashed screens.

In 20 years I've dropped a phone once onto a soft carpet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
And people wonder about how their phones get smashed screens.

In 20 years I've dropped a phone once onto a soft carpet.
I have to admit I've lost two, one I ran over when I forgot I'd put my handbag on the ground behind the car, and one I was emptying bins into the huge crusher where I worked and it fell out of my pocket, I was tempted to go in after it but health and safety won the day.

I use mine a lot at work either listening to a book as I clean or the radio, I've recently invested in a blue tooth head phone which means I can keep my phone more safely instead of in my easily tipped out from pocket.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have to admit I've lost two, one I ran over when I forgot I'd put my handbag on the ground behind the car, and one I was emptying bins into the huge crusher where I worked and it fell out of my pocket, I was tempted to go in after it but health and safety won the day.

I use mine a lot at work either listening to a book as I clean or the radio, I've recently invested in a blue tooth head phone which means I can keep my phone more safely instead of in my easily tipped out from pocket.
Bluetooth is great...I also see a lot of people on the streets staring at their phones whilst listening to music/ books using wired earphones. That just increases the potential for accidents.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 08:09 PM

You have to remember that most people under forty are in fact powered by their phones. If they switch them off, they go into standby mode.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 08:33 PM

So many things to get irritated by out there
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

19-10-2017, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You have to remember that most people under forty are in fact powered by their phones. If they switch them off, they go into standby mode.
That did make me laugh

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top