Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:14 AM

Re: Does ‘Smut’ Really Have A Place On Forums?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think you are wrong BC! Most people here have a sense of humor and can laugh at a saucy post card.....The only time they get annoyed is when the odd member becomes obsessed with smutty post. We can all have a giggle at a rude comment, but if it becomes the total reason for the thread then most of us find it offensive. and often boring!
It's a good job I ain't paranoid.
Ain't it Twink!
It is very nice to know you think that you are speaking there for the majority of the forum.
Good on you.
Now please go ahead and prove it!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:35 AM

I reckon it would be a shame to let a good one liner go just because it's a bit close to the bone.....Surely, at our age we've seen and read it all......... just pass it by if it oversteps the mark.......But be assured somebody will have a good titter....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I reckon it would be a shame to let a good one liner go just because it's a bit close to the bone.....Surely, at our age we've seen and read it all......... just pass it by if it oversteps the mark.......But be assured somebody will have a good titter....

I agree with you, Foxy.

As I said earlier it is usually meant with no harm whatsoever.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Can l just state, my views on ‘Smut’ are not reflected in my opening post! It was just an idea for a thread!

Some smut is harmless and really funny!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
It's a good job I ain't paranoid.
Ain't it Twink!
It is very nice to know you think that you are speaking there for the majority of the forum.
Good on you.
Now please go ahead and prove it!
I never mentioned you BC... but if the cap fits....

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Can l just state, my views on ‘Smut’ are not reflected in my opening post! It was just an idea for a thread!

I agree Art and I have had some good laughs at smutty remarks on here.
I know that some people are offended by rude remarks, but the majority don't read the threads where they are likely to appear. This forum is for everybody and that is why I said that too much smut can be offensive, but by the same token, none at all would make it less amusing.
I am sure the majority of members wouldn't want a "Dirty Forum" or a "Clinically Clean Forum" but most of the time this is just a Fun Forum, where very few complain!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Oh! I for one know that Art.
When one is starting a brand new thread it can be very difficult to get that first posting just right so one is not misunderstood.
I think this thread, as are all the threads you do I find very interesting.
The forum would be at a big loss if you and other regular posters were not here.
Agree with whoever or not.
The thing is with this thread is of course that it can be a very emotive subject.
People can tend to feel very strongly on this subject one way and another.
But as to you Twink?
Keep up your very good work.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with you, Foxy.

As I said earlier it is usually meant with no harm whatsoever.
Hi

I blame Mups.

Sexualising us mere men with all her stories of young, handsome, fit, muscular tree surgeons and builders.

Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

19-10-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I never mentioned you BC... but if the cap fits....

I agree Art and I have had some good laughs at smutty remarks on here.
I know that some people are offended by rude remarks, but the majority don't read the threads where they are likely to appear. This forum is for everybody and that is why I said that too much smut can be offensive, but by the same token, none at all would make it less amusing.
I am sure the majority of members wouldn't want a "Dirty Forum" or a "Clinically Clean Forum" but most of the time this is just a Fun Forum, where very few complain!
And would you believe it Twink.
I really cannot disagree with anything you said.
I agree wholeheartedly.
So there!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I blame Mups.

Sexualising us mere men with all her stories of young, handsome, fit, muscular tree surgeons and builders.

Tis true. I cannot tell a lie.
I have met some 'interesting' chaps this last few months.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Oh! I for one know that Art.
When one is starting a brand new thread it can be very difficult to get that first posting just right so one is not misunderstood.
I think this thread, as are all the threads you do I find very interesting.
The forum would be at a big loss if you and other regular posters were not here.
Agree with whoever or not.
The thing is with this thread is of course that it can be a very emotive subject.
People can tend to feel very strongly on this subject one way and another.
But as to you Twink?
Keep up your very good work.
Boozer, The only thing that will make this forum go downhill
is constant complaining about the mods and objecting to what other members think, if you don't agree.
I just feel that you take the opportunity to complain on these things, which is strange from somebody who couldn't wait to come back here. I am not doing good work, just hoping to keep this forum at it's best by mentioning that the more people moan, the tighter the rules will become!..... Azz likes to let people say what they think, but we all need to remember that, if we go too far, he will have to make rules a bit tighter........ so I do this for everybody!

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top