Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Re: Does ‘Smut’ Really Have A Place On Forums?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Smut, sarcasm, self-deprecation, and innuendo are like the Queen, fish and chips, queuing and complaining.

In British humour, smut is evident as far back as William Shakespeare often used innuendo in his comedies. Restoration comedy is notorious both for its innuendo and sexual explicitness.

The Two Ronnies, George and Mildred, Monty Python, Frankie Howerd, Larry Grayson – all employed some sort of smut.

The British love a bit of soft-core smut, a bit of wrong, a bit of inappropriate, and a lot of filth. Smut is harmless, you can take it any way you want – the right way, the wrong way, or up the Khyber pass.

Innuendo is only filthy if you think it's filthy, so that makes you the problem.

The people who sometimes have a problem with it are the intellectuals or think think they are, who analyse instead of laugh, and who feel that a bit of smut is too low-brow for them.

Mr Jack Dee
I'm not sure if they are your words or if you are quoting Jack Dee, Tpin, but I think what you posted is spot on.

My fondness for smut is like my fondness for sarcasm and fish n chips - I only enjoy them if they are top quality, taken occasionally in small amounts!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm not offended by what some people might call smut, not in the least in fact some jokes just don't work without the right smutty words here and there

Is the word innuendo really the word for sex in Italian?
Not really, the Italian for sex is sesso.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:59 PM

Hi

Do you remember Spike Milligan recounting his time in the War?

He was on a talk show on TV, I think it was Wogan, and was talking about an Italian lady he had an amorous encounter with and she was saying Basta, Basta.

He said he was trying as hard as he could to go faster, when the Italian word Basta means enough.

Even my Mother laughed at that.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 06:16 PM

I think the real problem is that some people just use smut in a very blatant and unfunny way which just ends up being cringe worthy. They use smut to compensate for a lack of humour.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Smut, sarcasm, self-deprecation, and innuendo are like the Queen, fish and chips, queuing and complaining.

In British humour, smut is evident as far back as William Shakespeare often used innuendo in his comedies. Restoration comedy is notorious both for its innuendo and sexual explicitness.

The Two Ronnies, George and Mildred, Monty Python, Frankie Howerd, Larry Grayson – all employed some sort of smut.

The British love a bit of soft-core smut, a bit of wrong, a bit of inappropriate, and a lot of filth. Smut is harmless, you can take it any way you want – the right way, the wrong way, or up the Khyber pass.

Innuendo is only filthy if you think it's filthy, so that makes you the problem.

The people who sometimes have a problem with it are the intellectuals or think think they are, who analyse instead of laugh, and who feel that a bit of smut is too low-brow for them.

Mr Jack Dee

I genuflect humbly before you
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I think the real problem is that some people just use smut in a very blatant and unfunny way which just ends up being cringe worthy. They use smut to compensate for a lack of humour.
Hi

A very valid point.

It can be funny without being demeaning or offensive.

Mups is an expert, always funny, never objectionable, so is Ruthio and May and Pesta and Morty and Azure and others.

Foul language and crudity has however no place in my life when there are ladies around.

There are times however, when working as an Enforcement Officer, that you have have to explain things to idiots in language that they understand.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A very valid point.

It can be funny without being demeaning or offensive.

Mups is an expert, always funny, never objectionable, so is Ruthio and May and Pesta and Morty and Azure and others.

Foul language and crudity has however no place in my life when there are ladies around.

There are times however, when working as an Enforcement Officer, that you have have to explain things to idiots in language that they understand.
Ooooooooooooooooooooo I say girls, joo hear that?

Be still my beating heart hidden within the mountains of my ample bosom

Is that smutty enough??

I can do filth if you prefer!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Ooooooooooooooooooooo I say girls, joo hear that?

Be still my beating heart hidden within the mountains of my ample bosom

Is that smutty enough??

I can do filth if you prefer!
How lovely you have Apple Blossom.
I have gone down to the cellar and posted
I thought that Cheeky was long gone.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 07:44 PM

What swims means is we are laydees and engage in genteel flirtation.

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top