Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:47 AM

My day yesterday including verbal abuse!

My day at the theatre yesterday wasn't anything brilliant.

To start with, the musical 'Beautiful' wasn't half as good as I hoped it would be - it ended too abruptly and not enough good music.
We had the Drifters & The Shirelles & other 'artists' performing the hits that Carole King wrote for them but they weren't particularly good..

Then at the bus station waiting for the bus to come home Chris & I were verbally abused by a young woman with a pram.
We were waiting 20 mins for the bus and we were the second in the queue. Rather than stand all that time we parked ourselves on a nearby seat and when we saw the bus we went to take our place in the queue.

This young woman went ballistic at us 'Get to the end of the effing queue' she said. 'I hate it when old people push in and think it's alright just because they're effing old'
We pointed out that we had only been sitting on a seat and that we weren't pushing in. She let loose with more effing & swearing - by this time the bus had arrived so we got on and tried to ignore her.

After about half an hour on the bus we got a surprise. She came to us and apologised - told us she was bipolar.

Her temper had been way out of control - I'm just glad she wasn't physically violent towards us!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:52 AM

Re: My day yesterday including verbal abuse!

Sounds like an unpleasant encounter Carol, shame the show hadn't been brilliant to make up for it...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:56 AM

I saw Beautiful in Sydney early this month, I quite enjoyed it and I didn't get abused either.

No complaints about the cast but I didn't think I learned as much about Carole King as I did about Bobby Darin from the show Dream Lover or Judith Durum from Georgie Girl both of which I saw in the last year or so.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 06:43 AM

Hi

Not the best of days Carol.

At least the lady had the decency to apologise for her behaviour and explain the reason for it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 09:11 AM

Imagine what the woman must be like to live with! She sounds a nightmare!

Carol, I’m sorry the show was disappointing for you.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 10:25 AM

I had a similar altercation at a bus stop but I was standing in the queue. The bus arrived and two women tried to elbow their way past me. Using "ripe" language one said "We are pensioners you know". My response was "So am I"and got on the bus.

I guess I should have taken it as a compliment in that I didn't (at the time) look like a pensioner.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 10:38 AM

Hi Carol.
Sorry to hear about the incident at the bus stop. These chavs get everywhere don't they?

We mentioned the 'Beautiful' musical a while ago didn't we, and said we'd reappear to give out verdicts.
Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you had hoped though. I'll be seeing it next month and I'll let you know what I think
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Carol.
Sorry to hear about the incident at the bus stop. These chavs get everywhere don't they?

We mentioned the 'Beautiful' musical a while ago didn't we, and said we'd reappear to give out verdicts.
Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you had hoped though. I'll be seeing it next month and I'll let you know what I think
I agree with Floydy.
I am afraid this is the way things are nowadays Carol.
Get out of my way!
It is only ME ME ME that matters.
But look on the bright side Carol.
Someone somewhere has THAT pig for a neighbour, and just be thankful it ain't you!
I hope you are getting over that incident, as I know it can throw you out for a day or two!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 10:49 AM

What an unpleasant incident Carol. I would have found that quite frightening had I been alone.
I don't know much about Bipolar, but it must be scary for her children I imagine.

Glad she apologised though.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 10:55 AM

Hi

The lady who handed out the abuse is Bi Polar, it is an illness, in the same way that diabetes is.

Bi Polar, like diabetes is treatable, but like diabetes things can sometimes go wrong.

Just be thankful that you or a family member do not develop it.

She apologised, she knew what had happened.

The real pillocks would not have apologised at all and those are the ones I have no time for, not the ones who are ill.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top