Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 08:04 AM

Theresa May

Hi

It is well known that I have no time for her, however, at the moment I have a great deal of sympathy for her.

Nothing is going right, her political party is split, rebellions within the ranks on the Brexit Bill, which has had to be delayed, Grenfell, major terrorist attacks and a Cabinet more interested in their own Political Agendas and self advancement than governing the UK.

Her attempts to present a united front to the EU are being sabotaged day in and day out.

The stress levels must be horrendous and sooner or later must affect her health.

It is not a job I would want, no matter how much it paid or how much kudos comes with it.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 09:07 AM

Re: Theresa May

I have absolutely no doubt that the stresses are enormous, however she fought for the job and was prepared to do anything to get it. She has been in Parliament for twenty years and a member of the Cabinet for a long time before becoming PM, so must have been well aware what the job entailed.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 09:40 AM

Seems the rest of the EU are not keen on any face-to-face contact with TM. I wonder why that is???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8007746.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:46 AM

I too feel sorry for her, and if I were her I'd make sure all in the front benches were for leaving Europe, that would go a long way to helping with this process IMO

I'd also invite in people not afraid to walk away and just get on with life now or at least very soon. We are damaging the country the more we wait around.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 02:12 PM

I fear that TM was "put in charge" because she was seen as a candidate who would carry a Remain Card.

A candidate who would create a Cabinet which, also, would be mostly remainers.

If she really did support "the will of the people" she would have shifted Remainers to the back of the House. A team of True Brexiteers has been needed from the start.

She looks, more & more, like a puppet.

The "out" voters are not being given many of the strings to pull.

No sympathy.

No strength.

No conviction.

Get rid!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I fear that TM was "put in charge" because she was seen as a candidate who would carry a Remain Card.

If she really did support "the will of the people" she would have shifted Remainers to the back of the House. A team of True Brexiteers has been needed from the start.

No sympathy.

No strength.

No conviction.

Get rid!
Hi

Brexit is being run by the three leading Brexiteers.

David Davies, Brexiteer, in charge of Brexit Negotiations.

Liam Fox, Brexiteer, in charge of Trade Agreements.

Boris Johnson, Brexiteer, in charge of Foreign Policy.

Michael Gove, Brexiteer, in charge of Environment and dismantling EU Legislation.

They made the promises, up to them to deliver.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Seems the rest of the EU are not keen on any face-to-face contact with TM. I wonder why that is???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8007746.html
Maybe she is too tough for them,like a previous woman pm.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

No sympathy.

No strength.

No conviction.

Get rid!

Wrong spelling!!! - not puppet but MUPPET!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-10-2017, 02:47 PM

Hi

Well Jeremy is over there now putting the boot in and negotiating as our next PM.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-10-2017, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well Jeremy is over there now putting the boot in and negotiating as our next PM.

Oh goody, you've finally recognised that he will be our next Prime Minister. !!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top