Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 08:21 AM

Theresa May says there will be no Government cash to fit sprinklers in towerblocks.

Yet again the lying, conniving, despicable scumbag 'nasty party' are treating the public with contempt.

Sajid Javid 'promised' everything would be done to prevent a further tragedy immediately after the Grenfell disaster. London Fire Brigade, in their report following Grenfell said that Sprinklers were not just an ideal but an essential

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8007501.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:13 AM

Re: Theresa May says there will be no Government cash to fit sprinklers in towerblocks.

So much for the faux emotion they showed at the beginning of this scandal, now they are backtracking on their promises. Says what they think of the rest of us really.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:15 AM

Re: Theresa May says there will be no Government cash to fit sprinklers in towerblocks.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So much for the faux emotion they showed at the beginning of this scandal, now they are backtracking on their promises. Says what they think of the rest of us really.
A classic example showing exactly what scumbags they truly are Julie darlin'
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yet again the lying, conniving, despicable scumbag 'nasty party' are treating the public with contempt.

Sajid Javid 'promised' everything would be done to prevent a further tragedy immediately after the Grenfell disaster. London Fire Brigade, in their report following Grenfell said that Sprinklers were not just an ideal but an essential

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8007501.html
I read your post and the reference and listened to May. My question is how many people have to die before Safety concerns are addressed? Here we have Building Codes for all Cities/ Towns. Places like in California and a few other's have stricter Codes because of Earthquake zones.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-10-2017, 12:59 PM

Yes we have building regulations, but they are many years old and haven't been thoroughly overhauled for some years. However, listen to Sajid Javid (below) - the scumbag 'nasty party's' Environment Minister interviewed shortly after the tragedy of Grenfell Tower and then reread the link I put up earlier this morning. You may then understand why I call them lying, conniving scumbags!!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/450397...tower-tragedy/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 01:14 PM

I do agree Uj but I don't have much faith in any political party these days to put it right. Too many are career politicians worried about their jobs rather than passionate world changers. Much as I hated what Maggie thatcher did at least she had a vision and passion.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-10-2017, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do agree Uj but I don't have much faith in any political party these days to put it right. Too many are career politicians worried about their jobs rather than passionate world changers. Much as I hated what Maggie thatcher did at least she had a vision and passion.

Julie darlin' please remove those rose coloured spectacles, Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) was an evil witch who destroyed our manufacturing industries and caused 3 Million unemployed in the process.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-10-2017, 01:40 PM

Julie darlin' please remove those rose coloured spectacles, Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) was an evil witch who destroyed our manufacturing industries and caused 3 Million unemployed in the process.
I agree but as I said she had a vision and passion that's something sadly lacking in many MPs these days and why I like Jeremy corbyn, he has new ideas and isn't afraid to talk about the hard problems.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 06:25 PM

Aided and abetted by militant trade unions and arseholes like Scargill who destroyed the coal industry with an illegal strike and arch communist Derek (Red Robbo) Robinson whose constant strikes by his AEU union brought the car manufacturing industry to a halt, in particular British Leyland. After BL turfed him out for scurrilous comments he made about BL managers his attempt to get his members out on strike to re-instate him failed massively. Obviously his union had had enough of his shit stirring too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 06:45 PM

Hi

Too true Judd.

When Joe Gormley was in charge, the miners rang rings round Government.

Scargill just betrayed them.

Unfortunately the Scargills of this world are on the rise again.

They have tried to Unionise a big local Employer.

They got absolutely nowhere, the owner has a works council, discusses all changes with them and does profit share every year.

They have a suggestion scheme as well, 100% of the first year savings go to the employee.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top