Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 05:44 PM

Re: A Message For Leia re My Marty, Who l Had To Have Put To Sleep Last Week...

Oxygen wasters? Put what that ignoramus said right out of your mind Art.

Lovely little dogs, my gran and sister have had toy poodles. Little Marty was a stunner. Seeing his photo and having a second look at him was the reason I saw your sad news. Hope you are doing OK Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Oxygen wasters? Put what that ignoramus said right out of your mind Art.

Lovely little dogs, my gran and sister have had toy poodles. Little Marty was a stunner. Seeing his photo and having a second look at him was the reason I saw your sad news. Hope you are doing OK Art.

Leia, This was probably forty years ago when someone said that! I first had a poodle when l was 15, I think l have had an addiction to them throughout my life!!

It concerns me, that l have been so calm about it as l used to say that when it happened l would be on ‘suicide watch’.

I did my crying before he died as l knew it was only a matter of time.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, Pesta for your comforting words.
I am sure, l once read in one of your posts that your family also had a poodle?

If so, you will know they are wonderful, intelligent little dogs and not ‘oxygen wasters’ as someone years ago, referred to them as!

Yes, Pepe! (as they were all called in those days ).

Oxygen wasters? I can only say whoever said it was an oxygen waster themselves.

Pepe was a gorgeous miniature apricot colour. Mad as a hatter and so loveable and cuddly. I've a picture of him somewhere in one of the many boxes of photos, but can I find it???
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 06:22 PM

Leia, This was probably forty years ago when someone said that! I first had a poodle when l was 15, I think l have had an addiction to them throughout my life!!

It concerns me, that l have been so calm about it as l used to say that when it happened l would be on ‘suicide watch’.

I did my crying before he died as l knew it was only a matter of time.

Yes, I can well understand that.

Each day gets a little easier though, then something happens and we have a little relapse, but then carry on going forward again. You will mend in your own time.
You will get there Art, I know you will. x
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes, Pepe! (as they were all called in those days ).

Oxygen wasters? I can only say whoever said it was an oxygen waster themselves.

Pepe was a gorgeous miniature apricot colour. Mad as a hatter and so loveable and cuddly. I've a picture of him somewhere in one of the many boxes of photos, but can I find it???
Pesta, Yes, it was usually Spanish names for poodles!
My first Poodle was called, Pedro! Someone l knew at the time, there’s was called Pablo!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-06-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I can well understand that.

Each day gets a little easier though, then something happens and we have a little relapse, but then carry on going forward again. You will mend in your own time.
You will get there Art, I know you will. x
Mups, My family are surprised at how calm l am! When l read this thread, l wobble a bit!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Mups, My family are surprised at how calm l am! When l read this thread, l wobble a bit!!
Just go with the bubble ups Art. I still bubble up for my retriever, Abi. (My daughter was 3 (or was it 5)) when we had to have her put to sleep). Anyway she's 30 in Sept, and I still shed a tear for lovely Abi.

When I see the vapour trails, I smile for her 'cos she's blowing that kiss for me.

Strangely, I don't do bubble up's for Pepe. Mind, it was 40 odd yrs ago. I loved him to bits though.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 08:22 PM

Dear Artangel I hopeyou can now start to think of offering another companion to give love to,Rescue homes are crying out for people like you
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 09:38 AM

Before you do Art go visit your son in Australia .
I bet he's longing to see you in his new country .
Preferably in our horrible British winter .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Dear Artangel I hopeyou can now start to think of offering another companion to give love to,Rescue homes are crying out for people like you
You would think so wouldn't you?
But thanks to over enthusiastic gate keepers so many dogs are not rehomed .
That's why the rescue places are all full up.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top