Join for free
View Poll Results: should the British national and religious character be enshrined in law
YES 12 52.17%
NO 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 12:48 PM

Re: national referendum on law to enshrine British way of life

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oh and they're not permitted to enjoy some small pleasures of their own cultural practices and perhaps share them with yuz all [well perhaps not you twinky - you wouldn't know how to hold a vindaloo?]
Did I say that?

They can do what they want within reason, as far as I'm concerned.

However, wearing nightshirts and especially Dalek costumes intentionally sets them apart from everyone else.

More importantly, I think, covering one's face suggests they have something to hide. Supposedly, it is to hide their (presumable!) beauty from anyone other than their husband.

Unfortunately, many people equate that to hiding one's identity, including such places as banks and the courts of law.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Covering the face is an anathema not a personal choice .
Ask any woman in Afghanistan , Pakistan or Saudi Arabia
It's a symbol of oppression that is an affront to the dignity of every woman ( and an insult to men ) in this day and age .
That is because you are a man .
We are talking about the UK ?

I am also a father of three daugthers.........so yes I am a man, can't deny that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 01:34 PM

And many men are circumcised and have perfectly normal lives .
Unlike most cases of FGM
These can causs a lifetime of suffering ,making sexual intercourse and childbirth horribly painful and a multitude of other problems .
It's simply is not the same .

I am sure you would not wish the burqa or FGM on your daughters.

My DIL is a midwife and she says you would be horrified at the mutilations she has seen and they always cause difficult births .
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:49 PM

And many men are circumcised and have perfectly normal lives .
My daughter in America objected when they wanted to circumsize her son routinely.

I had to put my foot down at the hospital because they were about to whisk him away to do it and argued with me over it until the pediatrician came to my room and sided with me
Another source concerning male circumcision.......invest a half hour for another viewpoint.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:51 PM

It's not usual to circumcise baby babies as a matter of course in hospitals .
Maybe in the US it's different .
The main group of circumcised males are Muslims followed by Jews .
It is a custom in both religions .
Bruv
Kent UK

23-07-2018, 03:53 PM

It's not usual to circumcise baby babies as a matter of course in hospitals .
Maybe in the US it's different .
The main group of circumcised males are Muslims followed by Jews .
It is a custom in both religions .
I shall inform you now, it is routine in America to circumsize at birth.

Unless bakerman knows differently.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 02:02 AM

hey you pervets - I did NOT start this thread so that we could discuss circumcision - yes I know it is closed well at least the voting so why not delete the thread - will it stay for ever?

it was a typical brexit vote - with the brits being unable to make any important decisions in their lives at all not EVEN about their own identities!! it's how they vote about everything these days - they once had a british empire and bulldogs but NOW??..........................you fill in the blanks!!

Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top