Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:35 PM

Re: Priorities

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
FM, I am sure l am boring everyone with my weekend in London but whilst sitting in the roasting hot tube train, l asked my daughter if tube trains had drivers as l hadn’t seen one and if they did what a monotonous job.

She said, yes they did have drivers who earned a lot of money. She said, they get a huge amount of money, if someone throws themselves in front of the train.
Sorry, to be macabre!
That fortunately hasn’t happened to my son so far. Although one of his best friends, also a driver, was driving the train behind the one blown up by a terrorist bomb at Aldgate some years ago. He witnessed the whole incident!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
That fortunately hasn’t happened to my son so far. Although one of his best friends, also a driver, was driving the train behind the one blown up by a terrorist bomb at Aldgate some years ago. He witnessed the whole incident!
That must have been scary for him!
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 11:23 PM

The main reason I never learned to drive until I was in my mid-twenties was that I lived in London in my late teens and early twenties.
There was plenty of transport options in the West End, where I lived and worked. I never needed a car there - in fact, owning a car would have been more of a liability than an asset.

It wasn't until I moved into a rural northern area that I realised I would need to learn to drive and buy a car because I would never be able to travel to work without one - buses were like hen's teeth where I moved to.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Well, Fridge magnet, I suppose it's a good thing there is a track!

I behind the the yoke of an airplane long before I took my first driver's license test...which I failed.

It was devastating at the time, but I was living in California where they routinely failed young drivers to teach them a little humility.
Yeah Surfermom, that's probably why I failed my driving test on the first try...
Not because I was crap or owt' like that.....
Shhhhh, it was my teenage-ego, I'm telling you!

Good thing that, as a courier, you eventually figured out the difference between the accelerator and the brakes.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
The main reason I never learned to drive until I was in my mid-twenties was that I lived in London in my late teens and early twenties.
There was plenty of transport options in the West End, where I lived and worked. I never needed a car there - in fact, owning a car would have been more of a liability than an asset.

It wasn't until I moved into a rural northern area that I realised I would need to learn to drive and buy a car because I would never be able to travel to work without one - buses were like hen's teeth where I moved to.
Yes Boot I have a Godson who lives in London he owns a car but never uses it...he bicycles to work every day, it's quicker

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top