Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 04:26 PM

Re: All things Astronomical

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I knew it! Bloody cheap Tat.
Just stand on yer head you will be fine
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
I'd love to post a picture I'v just taken with my iPad using Skyview. It shows the inside of my living room facing the window. But it also shows Jupiter just below the horizon in real time. It's frustrating where with some forums you can post pictures direct from your own files. And others like this one where you have to use picture hosts! I just can't get Photobucket to co-operate anymore, like it used to.
If you can get the pic into 'your albums' you should be able to post from there.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Just stand on yer head you will be fine
That's the last time I shop in Bunnings.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 04:58 PM

http://[url=https://postimg.cc/image/9ujs9d7ht/]
[/url]

OK. Think I might have cracked it. This is the picture I took a while ago. I think that the white star just to the left of Jupiter is the er...actual Jupiter, just below Virgo.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-07-2018, 06:00 PM

http://[url=https://postimg.cc/image/9ujs9d7ht/]
[/url]

OK. Think I might have cracked it. This is the picture I took a while ago. I think that the white star just to the left of Jupiter is the er...actual Jupiter, just below Virgo.
That's amazing! Silly question but have you actually tried it outside to see if they line up with the real thing?
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's amazing! Silly question but have you actually tried it outside to see if they line up with the real thing?

I have. And annoyingly they don’t quite. It’s all to do with global positioning. You can only select large cities for your ground base. And my nearest city of choice is 14 miles away. Which makes it almost but not quite spot on.
FridgeMagnet

14-07-2018, 07:28 AM

And then it occurred to me, early this morning. Why don’t I just drive into the designated city (Stirling, by the way) and recalibrate my iPad there? Then, hopefully, it will be 100% accurate!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 04:31 PM

Well I had a rare treat very early morning

I woke up to use the loo and going back to bed saw the cat sitting on the window cill so went to pet him. Looking out the window I was just in time to see the space station pass over right in front of me. Not only that, those of you that have seen in recently know its a tiny thing, rather like a bright bright star moving through the sky. Well this was so close and so big I thought I was seeing things

Not only that but Mars was glowing huge and red in the sky as well last night, as close as the moon

I count myself very fortunate to have caught such a show
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-07-2018, 04:47 PM

And then it occurred to me, early this morning. Why don’t I just drive into the designated city (Stirling, by the way) and recalibrate my iPad there? Then, hopefully, it will be 100% accurate!
That should work.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-07-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Well I had a rare treat very early morning

I woke up to use the loo and going back to bed saw the cat sitting on the window cill so went to pet him. Looking out the window I was just in time to see the space station pass over right in front of me. Not only that, those of you that have seen in recently know its a tiny thing, rather like a bright bright star moving through the sky. Well this was so close and so big I thought I was seeing things

Not only that but Mars was glowing huge and red in the sky as well last night, as close as the moon

I count myself very fortunate to have caught such a show
Has Arthur taken up stargazing from the window now he can't go out?

Just over a week to go to the Luna eclipse.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top