Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:02 AM

Priorities

It seems weird now that my son was a qualified London Underground train driver, driving thousands of people around London all day. Before he had actually passed his car driving test, or even started taking driving lessons!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:09 AM

Re: Priorities

I never learned to drive until i was 33, my job often meant i had to work all over the country anmd needed to share lifts with colleagues. So when i got the chance to run a site back home i decided to learn to drive, i passed first time, but never worked away again.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:11 AM

I could drive a very small tractor before I could drive a car. I could drive the tractor when I was five, but didn't learn to drive a car until I was twelve.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I never learned to drive until i was 33, my job often meant i had to work all over the country anmd needed to share lifts with colleagues. So when i got the chance to run a site back home i decided to learn to drive, i passed first time, but never worked away again.
Do you mean you have never worked since you were 33 years old ?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I could drive a very small tractor before I could drive a car. I could drive the tractor when I was five, but didn't learn to drive a car until I was twelve.

My nephew and my son in law were both raised on farms and like you they were driving around at a very young age..it's normal for kids with access to vehicles and private land to be adventurous...doesn't mean they could drive though and they still had to take their test which actually one failed first time...much to his disgust
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Do you mean you have never worked since you were 33 years old ?
Not at all Summer, being forced to work away to put food on the table contributed to the destruction of my marriage. Driving gave me a wider choice of work so i could say no to working away.

Sorry for off topic Fridge Magnet.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

16-07-2018, 09:27 AM

Not at all Summer, being forced to work away to put food on the table contributed to the destruction of my marriage. Driving gave me a wider choice of work so i could say no to working away.

Ah I see.....sorry, I'm easily confused
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:51 AM

No problem. I was just trying to stir up conversation anyway.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
It seems weird now that my son was a qualified London Underground train driver, driving thousands of people around London all day. Before he had actually passed his car driving test, or even started taking driving lessons!
I suppose the two disciplines are completely different FM, driving a car requires attention to be paid to other road users and direction of travel. Whereas driving a train these things are taken care of by a fat controller.... You just have to control the speed and to stop in all the right places....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:18 AM

and remember to blow the whistle !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top