Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 07:51 PM

Re: Online Shopping Anyone?

I buy many things on Amazon as there service and packing is excellent
And they change goods not suitable and even print out the forms for return

I wait for the Sales and buy Designer fashions with huge discounts and returns are also very easy as well,

So going to the Mall and Stores occasionally is much more enjoyable.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by shelana80+ ->
Since returning to my former home after the death of my husband I needed to update many household items.Nearly all were bought from Amazon or other big organisations on line.it is lovely to have many delivered next day and free of postage.Most of the couriers are friendly and efficient.it is quite easy to return items that are not quite suitable.I have not encountered difficulties in this way of shopping but I still like to browse in real shops now and again!
Be careful of Amazon Prime it is free for so many days then you start paying a monthly charge even if you buy or not
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 11:30 PM

Not just online shopping, but also online banking - peer-to-peer lending for increased returns .....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 09:05 AM

I'm going against the grain here

I shop in my local town , using local shops, with the proviso of lidl but they supply only Irish produce ( unless it's their French/Polish/Italian specials week)

We carpeted the house buying from a local family owned shop, got huge discount and free fitting

Our electricals are from a local family owned shop, once again cheaper then Currys, free same day or next day delivery plus old appliances taken away

Furniture, the same

The service we get locally is second to none.

Our local town is small. We don't live in a highly populated area, yet our town supports 4 butchers, 2 bakers, a weekly fish stall, 2 green grocers and at least 4 family run spars which are usually busier then Tesco. Our shops don't open Sunday's , some still have half day Wednesday and all local businesses shut for lunch, yet they are still competing against the big boys because they give service, something that the big boys don't

So no, other then a few bits and bobs of EBay, I spend my money supporting the local ecommony
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 01:18 PM

I try to support local businesses I really do but sometimes I just cannot afford to. Dog food 15kg online its 49 euro delivered to my door. IF I want to buy it from a physical shop I have to go across town park, pay 63 euro for the same bag and then lug it to the car on my own!

OH likes clothes from Asda so we ordered online. They were here in NL within a couple of days!
This morning I ordered my dogs worm flea and tick treatments for the next year I got a 20% discount as a returning customer and they were cheaper than the shop anyway..

I like internet shopping when it saves me money.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 02:09 PM

PayPal works for me, very highly recommended
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 11:00 AM

We do most of our shopping online now. Have my grocery shop delivered mostly the big heavy items. I do go out for my fresh produce, but we went shopping last week into a supermarket and told my hubby to promise me we would never every do it again. It was manic.

Hubby trawls the internet to get a good price for things that we need and we usually get free delivery as well which cannot be bad.

I am finding I hate going into shops as there are too many people for me.
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 08:28 AM

I am a vegan l shop online for things l cannot get locally. I also do it when I am not well or l cannot get to the shops. l buy books,clothes, cds, household cleaners ect. I still go to the shops for some things but less than I used too. I dont see why l should struggle home on
buses when for the price of a ride to town l get my shopping delivered at a time l choose.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 09:53 AM

I discovered on line shopping about a year ago and like it. So easy and if you don"t like the item just send it back. Simples.
In fact am going to go online later on to order a rather nice dress I have seen in the "pop-ups", ready for next years holiday.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 04:10 PM

I do a lot of shopping on-line these days, mostly with Amazon, it suits me well.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top