Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:24 AM

There Is No Soft or Hard Brexit!

Personally, I don't believe there is a soft or hard Brexit. There’s either in or out, and if Theresa May softens it, then we are in. A betrayal unlike anything experienced by the millions who voted to leave the EU.

There are even whisperings in the EU from those in the know, that Theresa may use the Common Fisheries Policy as a bargaining chip during the negotiations,
UKip MEP Bill Etheridge has warned her not to do so.
He has told the media that it is well known already within the EU that she is prepared to hand over Britain’s fishing rights to Brussels in exchange for other concessions. If this is true, it will be the ultimate betrayal of our fishermen for the second time by the Tory party, The first was in the 1970’s when Heath betrayed our fishermen and communities by joining the Common Fisheries Policy. A leak shows that the EU wants to retain control of all fishing stocks in British waters.

Theresa must ensure that the fishing stocks in our waters are returned fully to Britain. She has rammed the message home enough times stating that “there is no half in and half out”. The fishing waters belong to Britain and should be returned to Britain when we leave. In fact, the British Fishing Waters was a main frame used by her as a key aspect of regaining our sovereignty. The voters will be watching her. If she does betray the British Fishing Industry for a second time, it will show her in her true colours, A committed Remainer.

Do you think she should betray our Fishing Industry in exchange for other concessions?
What next? use the other red lines as bargaining chips? No borders? ECHR ruling over us? Continue to be ruled over by the jackboot?

I don’t know about other Leavers on here, but I voted to leave in (what I stupidly thought) was a democratic referendum and the majority won, but I am slowly beginning to think my vote didn’t count for much because democracy is being trampled on by those in a position of power to change the decision of the British people. We voted to regain our borders, regain our sovereignty, regain our laws, regain our fishing waters. How dare anyone use these as a bargaining chip by inventing words such as “Soft” and “Hard” Brexit. There should be no such thing. We voted to leave and we should do just that, taking our belongings with us. End Of!!!.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:30 AM

Re: There Is No Soft or Hard Brexit!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
personally, i don't believe there is a soft or hard brexit. There’s either in or out, and if theresa may softens it, then we are in. A betrayal unlike anything experienced by the millions who voted to leave the eu.

There are even whisperings in the eu from those in the know, that theresa may use the common fisheries policy as a bargaining chip during the negotiations,
ukip mep bill etheridge has warned her not to do so.
He has told the media that it is well known already within the eu that she is prepared to hand over britain’s fishing rights to brussels in exchange for other concessions. If this is true, it will be the ultimate betrayal of our fishermen for the second time by the tory party, the first was in the 1970’s when heath betrayed our fishermen and communities by joining the common fisheries policy. A leak shows that the eu wants to retain control of all fishing stocks in british waters.

Theresa must ensure that the fishing stocks in our waters are returned fully to britain. She has rammed the message home enough times stating that “there is no half in and half out”. The fishing waters belong to britain and should be returned to britain when we leave. In fact, the british fishing waters was a main frame used by her as a key aspect of regaining our sovereignty. The voters will be watching her. If she does betray the british fishing industry for a second time, it will show her in her true colours, a committed remainer.

Do you think she should betray our fishing industry in exchange for other concessions?
What next? Use the other red lines as bargaining chips? No borders? Echr ruling over us? Continue to be ruled over by the jackboot?

I don’t know about other leavers on here, but i voted to leave in a democratic election and the majority won, but i am slowly beginning to think my vote didn’t count for much because democracy is being trampled on by those in a position of power to change the decision of the british people. We voted to regain our borders, regain our sovereignty, regain our laws, regain our fishing waters. How dare anyone use these as a bargaining chip by inventing words such as “soft” and “hard” brexit. There should be no such thing. We voted to leave and we should do just that, taking our belongings with us. End of!!!.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:43 AM

Brexit = leaving the EU as an institution. Everything else (single market, fishing rights, trade deals, reciprocal health and visa agreements etc) is part of our new relationship with the EU as a non member state and nothing to do with the referendum.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 12:16 PM

i appreciate that it all has to be negotiated AnnieS.
My point is that the electorate went into the Refendum with the promise of four red lines. Return of.... our borders, our laws, our sovereignty and our fishing rights.
She will give any of those four away at her peril!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 12:36 PM

Hi

There have always been two different types of Brexit.

The Hard Brexit, we leave not just the EU, but also the Single Market and the Customs Union.

That means we have total control of our Borders, can control Immigration from the EU and are no longer subject to ECJ Rules or decisions.

The other one, the Soft Brexit, means we leave the EU as such, and return to the EEA or some such arrangement.

We remain part of the Single Market or Customs Union, no tariffs, free trade and free movement.

As regards our Fisheries, there are some misconceptions about them.

The EU did not take them, we gave all our inshore fisheries away to the EU.

We where the only EU Country ever to do this.

We would get our inshore fisheries back.

Secondly, our EU Fishing Quota.

We sold most of it to Foreign Companies, the EU did not take it.

Even if we left, we would not get it back, we would have to buy it back, same as we would our electricity and water companies.

Theresa May is no longer in charge of Brexit, she blew that with the Election, she no longer has a majority, she cannot force it through.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 12:41 PM

If they had said there was a way to be out but still shackled they should really have put that on the referendum paper. I voted out that to me means out. I have little confidence now though that it will ever happen. So all the arguments and families split asunder has been for nothing. Shame on Cameron for using the British public to control the tories and shame on Teresa may for using an election to try and do the same.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
i appreciate that it all has to be negotiated AnnieS.
My point is that the electorate went into the Refendum with the promise of four red lines. Return of.... our borders, our laws, our sovereignty and our fishing rights.
She will give any of those four away at her peril!
I realise there are many different views on this but the European Union Referendum Act 2015 states that the question on the ballot papers is "should the United kingdom remain a member of the European union or leave the European Union." i can't see any detail in the act on the terms of leaving so anything goes it would seem.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 01:27 PM

When they offered the country a referendum nothing was clearly explained.
Nobody set out the pros and cons.
The reality is, we can't just walk away, anymore than a husband with kids and responsibilities can walk away without careful negotiations and a lot of give and take.

They offered you the moon.......a bribe, they could never fulfill.....that's politicians for you.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
When they offered the country a referendum nothing was clearly explained.
Nobody set out the pros and cons.
The reality is, we can't just walk away, anymore than a husband with kids and responsibilities can walk away without careful negotiations and a lot of give and take.

They offered you the moon.......a bribe, they could never fulfill.....that's politicians for you.
The problem is and its same during last election they bicker and fear monger and make personal remarks almost afraid to give us real facts in case we actually think for ourselves.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 01:35 PM

SG , I agree there is no 'hard and soft Brexit' a ridiculous concept dreamed up by the media

What we have is people from various countries who will wish to negotiate the best possible deal with the least damage for their own country. We all have that in common.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top