Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 02:29 PM

Re: Tim Farron Resigns

Originally Posted by M.P.R. Ashford ->
Tim was an honest man who just happened to be wrong politically.
I think its a forgone conclusion that Vince will take over and I'm sure he will do a great job. We shall see from his policies if he's wrong too. He will be a better leader for the Country and will start to rebuild the LD's.
Hopefully the LD's will become a better alternative than Labour who have been wrong for the last 100 years without learning a thing about leading the Country.
Hear hear.

Labour is a danger to us all, even its supporters although, of course, they don't believe it.

Even the Limp Dems are to be preferred... to a very limited extent. The problem with them really, which is how they acquired their name, is that they are rather 'limp' and wishy washy.
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

16-06-2017, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps some of the 'Farageophobes' on here might like to enlighten us about his 'lies'.
Here here. I'm not a member of UKIP but I do like his direct approach.
I wonder if he could rebuild UKIP, He's probably the only person who could, ahhh but what about some of the nutters in the party they would make it pretty well impossible.
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

16-06-2017, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But he never voted like that ! To me that's a truly Christian position to realise it wasn't his place to judge them, he either voted for them or abstained he never voted against them. Unlike some prominent gay MPs who seem to hate themselves so much they vote against every time.
The Bible says "Judge not lest thou be judged" It also says "Man shall not be with Man nor Woman with Woman for this is an abomination"
I personally don't like it I think it's gross; but everyone has to make their own choices. Is it a sin or isn't it, I don't know; the Bible just says it's an abomination; it doesn't say it's a sin, maybe someone can clarify on this Biblical point.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 01:42 PM

I wasn't a fan of Farron by any means and am neither Liberal nor liberal, but I feel that the way he has been treated shows up the extreme illiberalism of modern liberals. I bet they haven't castigated any Muslim members of the LibDems for their views on Homosexuality.
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

16-06-2017, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I wasn't a fan of Farron by any means and am neither Liberal nor liberal, but I feel that the way he has been treated shows up the extreme illiberalism of modern liberals. I bet they haven't castigated any Muslim members of the LibDems for their views on Homosexuality.
Well said; you're probably right
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:26 PM

This geezer should not have involved himself in politics, in the first place, it is not conducive.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:35 PM

He always reminded me of GOLLUM in LOTR, in looks and attitude, slimy and deceitful
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 11:45 AM

I must be many amongst the few who actually feel a great deal of sympathy for Farron. I didn't greatly like him or his very few political ideas But I feel he has been badly treated by the Media and by his party, after all he increased the number of Liberal MPS in Parliament.

To be treated like that just because you are a Christian is diabolical. It wasn't as if he was against Gay marriage Just that he didn't agree with Gay couples marrying in church.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This geezer should not have involved himself in politics, in the first place, it is not conducive.
Why ever not? Do we not need people of good moral character who abide by their principles in politics? Lord knows enough people complain of a lack of it these days

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top