Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 09:32 PM

Re: the earth is flat?

I flew around it and I never saw the edge, that was Australia via Europe and Asia and back via the Pacific and LA, no edge just lovely curve of the Earth
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I forgot about them Tiffany, it must be a long way down to somewhere if we fall off.
I am still wondering how the water gets put back in the centre.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Well, strange as it is, we could be in a flat universe...and if one theorist is right, then the universe could be a hologram.

That would blow the flat earthers' minds to think their ideas could have some bizarre, oblique merit based on the esoteric but currently proposed theories.

That said, I agree with Mups and Purwell that all these cats, dogs, kids, and my own grace (or lack there of - running up hills, hiking up mountains, falling off of waves) leave me scratching my head at the flat earthers.
You mean the universe is like a mirror? Now that really would send the cats and dogs crazy bumping their noses against the glass...

but the fact is that the world is not round, it's our perception that makes it so. The way things are and the way our brain perceives them are two different things. Perhaps the great visionaries just see things as they really are?

https://www.sciencealert.com/scienti...oves-backwards
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 02:29 AM

This is a different but very interesting theory, Annie, and your article explains it very well to the lay person.

I am inclined to think that the mirror universe offers some compelling possibilities, but I know they can't resolve it mathematically yet. Just imagine time moving backwards...my skin is already liking the idea .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am still wondering how the water gets put back in the centre.
I think there is a tray underneath which catches the water which is then pumped back up to the centre - a sort of infinity pool.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think there is a tray underneath which catches the water which is then pumped back up to the centre - a sort of infinity pool.
Oh, I thought perhaps the elephants would suck it up through their trunks and squirt it back into the pool.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 02:54 PM

next someone will be saying there can be a fold in time , bit like a pleat in material, to shorten distance in space
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Could be true, but it runs off the sides of the disc & evaporates. Bet TP didn't really think that one out.
Doesn't pay to annalize, but just to enjoy his brilliant nuttiness.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top