Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 11:33 PM

Don't you just loathe it ...

... when other people waste your day for you?

1) My GP was supposed to telephone between 10:00am and Noon.

So I dither about - near the 'phone - making sure I did not do anything noisy, like vacuuming or the laundry or die cutting in case I missed her call. She finally rang at 15:45pm.

2) A couple of friends who knew I waiting in said they would pop around for a coffee and borrow a couple of CDs.

So I wait - and wait. Can't settle to do anything interesting in case they turn up, don't do anything about lunch in case they turn up, don't do anything about dinner in case they turn up. Tried to telephone them - answerphone was on!

3) Another friend was supposed to telephone me tonight.

So I refuse an invitation to go to my neighbours for a drink and to watch a TV programme about Big Cats.

Now I am cross and hungry and fed up! Please, someone, send me a hug to sleep on !
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 11:39 PM

Re: Don't you just loathe it ...

Here ya go! Hope you can sleep well now!!

I hate waiting for people too. And don't understand why they can't phone/text to let you know they'll be late or can't make it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 11:43 PM

Oooh that's lovely - and just what I needed - Thank you !!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 11:44 PM

I know exactly what you mean, people who make plans and then change them at the last minute annoy me. I know there will be emergencies but it does not take long to send a text does it?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-01-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I know exactly what you mean, people who make plans and then change them at the last minute annoy me. I know there will be emergencies but it does not take long to send a text does it?
True! Some people just seem to think their time is more important than mine.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 05:17 PM

ST, I hate hanging about for people and it’s so maddening if they don’t turn up!
I might be a little late for people but l always turn up. If l say, l will do something, l will!

When someone from the surgery rings me up and says, ‘We’ve received your blood results and the doctor will ring you tomorrow’. I can’t accept that, as from the moment I put the phone down, my head starts imagining all the worst things.
Because, l like to sleep at night, l ring them straight back and ask them to tell me there and then. Which they usually do!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 05:26 PM

You have my sympathy
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 07:30 PM

Tabby my lovely friend, I send you hugs.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-01-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ST, I hate hanging about for people and it’s so maddening if they don’t turn up!
I might be a little late for people but l always turn up. If l say, l will do something, l will!
Me too or, if there is some drastic reason why I cannot, then I tell people - it's awful being limbo.

When someone from the surgery rings me up and says, ‘We’ve received your blood results and the doctor will ring you tomorrow’. I can’t accept that, as from the moment I put the phone down, my head starts imagining all the worst things.
I knew it couldn't be anything bad as I feel too well - jus the thyroid spiking again. It does that from time to time but always sorts itself out - if the GP had read my notes she would have seen that!.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-01-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You have my sympathy
Thank you - what a lovely picture.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top