Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:07 AM

Re: Nappy change permission

I know everybody is having a laugh about this but, on a more serious note, isn't allowing children to make decisions on what they do causing harm.

Give them a choice on what they eat and they will probably choose something that is contributing to obesity,
Letting them play on PCs because they want to, is likely to discourage them from doing active things.
The parent is responsible for the well being of that child and, as the child is unable to make informed decisions, doing what the child wants is preventing that!

We should make the child view getting what they want,as a reward for doing something right..... not as a means to win their love or make them stop asking, as many people do these days!

How can we produce kids that can look after themselves, if we have taught them that all they have to do is ask, to get what they want?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:14 AM

Young children should have a choice about certain things but nothing which endangers their health.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I know everybody is having a laugh about this but, on a more serious note, isn't allowing children to make decisions on what they do causing harm.

Give them a choice on what they eat and they will probably choose something that is contributing to obesity,
Letting them play on PCs because they want to, is likely to discourage them from doing active things.
The parent is responsible for the well being of that child and, as the child is unable to make informed decisions, doing what the child wants is preventing that!

We should make the child view getting what they want,as a reward for doing something right..... not as a means to win their love or make them stop asking, as many people do these days!

How can we produce kids that can look after themselves, if we have taught them that all they have to do is ask, to get what they want?
Excellent post.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:33 AM

Hi

I can see where you are coming from, but responsible parents do not do that.

It is the irresponsible who do that.

You cannot deny them treats, but treats must be earned.

As far as sexuality is concerned, they find their own level.

You teach them respect for their own bodies.

Both my daughter and Nadi decided to close the bathroom door when they went to the Loo at aged four.

Good on them.

Nadi is still happy to run around topless at home with family, aged 8.

She covers up as soon as a stranger arrives, same as my daughter did.

That , to me, is responsible parenting
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I can see where you are coming from, but responsible parents do not do that.

It is the irresponsible who do that.

You cannot deny them treats, but treats must be earned.

As far as sexuality is concerned, they find their own level.

You teach them respect for their own bodies.

Both my daughter and Nadi decided to close the bathroom door when they went to the Loo at aged four.

Good on them.

Nadi is still happy to run around topless at home with family, aged 8.

She covers up as soon as a stranger arrives, same as my daughter did.

That , to me, is responsible parenting
Sadly the stupid women in the clip was aiming the idea, of getting baby's permission to change it's nappy, at all parents!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:24 AM

Well said.

The duty of parents is to teach their children good behaviour (amongst other things).

Look around! How many young thugs feel free to do such evil things as throwing acid in people's faces.

Why? Because their feckless parents failed to teach them right from wrong.

Why? Because their feckless parents, in turn, failed to teach them correctly, and no doubt in many cases this goes back several generations.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:28 AM

I bet that woman has no children .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I bet that woman has no children .
If she has, I'm sure she allows them to run around at liberty in supermarkets!
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 01:41 PM

i saw this issue on breakfast tv ---what did i hear this right i shouted out ' when did they let her out i said hhahaha ''ask the baby can i change u now --YER RIGHT '' FULL NAPPY ' BABY SAIDS GET LOST MOTHER IME NOT READY YET OMG ...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If she has, I'm sure she allows them to run around at liberty in supermarkets!
Probably.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top