Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 06:00 AM

Re: Soft or hard

I love eggs my favourite is poached eggs on buttered toast with black pepper. Same as you Rhian I like that in between stage soft but just on the turn ...I hate snotty eggs.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Exactly that but as you say, it's not easy to achieve.
Me too!

I love eggs and eat lots. Mine come via my milkman. His supplies come from free range, salmonella free, Brown Burford hens - and they are delicious!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 11:14 AM

sometimes I like a soft boiled egg when I'm feeling all slushy and mushy and wobbly and hangin loose - ya know what I mean - and then other times hard when - I she likes the firmness of the egg and the hard egg joke - I usually get hand fed you understand??
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I like my poached and boiled eggs with soft yolk if on toast but hard boiled in my salad , I agree with what someone said about a salad not being a salad without a boiled egg
Isn't is strange how different we all are - I would never think of putting an egg in a salad.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:50 PM

We certainly are all different ST. I couldn't have my salad without a boiled egg. He who must obey loves his Salad with a little of everything on it. I, on the other hand, dislike a lot that goes onto a Salad Plate, but eggs are certainly not one of them
With me they have to be boiled from boiling for exactly 8 minutes only. No shorter time. Any longer than precisely 8 minutes and that horrible dark ring starts to form around the yolk. even if it's a day old freshly laid egg. Some scientific blurb about the construction inside an egg apparently. (A very talented French Chef told me about it many years ago), completely forgotten what made the eggs so, but I never forgot the 8 minute advice and yep, the yolks are always absolutely perfect. When I cut them when cold, it's as if the yolks have that moment just turned to hard from soft. solid whites and lovely yolks. YUM!

Boiled Eggs. Firm white but runny yolk.

Scrambled Eggs - Formed but still soft.

Fried Eggs - Firm white with yolk just splashed so not sunny side up but with runny yolk and defo no snot!

Favourite is a soft Poached Egg on a doorstop piece of white bloomer toast, spread thickly with KerryGold Salted Butter. Poached Egg is then placed reverently on the top and sprinkled lightly with black pepper. Divine!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

15-06-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
We certainly are all different ST. I couldn't have my salad without a boiled egg. He who must obey loves his Salad with a little of everything on it. I, on the other hand, dislike a lot that goes onto a Salad Plate, but eggs are certainly not one of them
With me they have to be boiled from boiling for exactly 8 minutes only. No shorter time. Any longer than precisely 8 minutes and that horrible dark ring starts to form around the yolk. even if it's a day old freshly laid egg. Some scientific blurb about the construction inside an egg apparently. (A very talented French Chef told me about it many years ago), completely forgotten what made the eggs so, but I never forgot the 8 minute advice and yep, the yolks are always absolutely perfect. When I cut them when cold, it's as if the yolks have that moment just turned to hard from soft. solid whites and lovely yolks. YUM!

Fried Eggs - Firm white with yolk just splashed so not sunny side up but with runny yolk and defo no snot!

Favourite is a soft Poached Egg on a doorstop piece of white bloomer toast, spread thickly with KerryGold Salted Butter. Poached Egg is then placed reverently on the top and sprinkled lightly with black pepper. Divine!
Yes, Yes, Yes ! Drooling on the keyboard now!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Sounds good darlin' - but its even better if you grate cheese into a bowl, add a very small quantity of milk and a dollop of mustard - mix into a thick paste. Spread on one side of the toast and return under the grill. When it starts to bubble, remove from grill and place 'soft' poached egg on it - called a 'buck rarebit'.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top