Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 12:39 PM

Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-44601059

The dogs were found in April 2017 but the discovery is to be shown in an episode of Channel 5's The Dog Rescuers.

The couple who lived at the house had started out with two pets but did not get the dogs neutered and, after four years, they had 82 dogs, the RSPCA said. They said it was a classic case of hoarding, but the dogs had been loved.

Police launched an investigation after the woman living at the property in the Washwood Heath area of the city died, but found there were no suspicious circumstances and that she had died from complications after an accident.

The dogs were taken to the charity's Newbrook Farm Hospital.

The RSPCA helped the woman's husband to renovate and clean the home while the charity cared for the dogs.

Four dogs were given back to the husband and the rest were rehomed.
What a strange, sad story .....

I'm glad that no prosecution was necessary and very glad that all the dogs were found homes, including the four returned to the owner .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 01:22 PM

Re: Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house

Some of these cases are very sad there are people who don't intentionally set out to cause suffering but through ignorance/naivety let a situation get out of hand.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 01:58 PM

It is a sad story, but one that shows why non breeders should have their pets neutered.
The dogs looked healthy, but what a risk to the couple, living in a house with so many dogs.
I always feel that, if you take on so many pets, it prevents you caring for them properly & your kindness can easily turn into being unintentionally cruel.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 02:32 PM

Anyone see that programme on Ch.5 last night, where a woman had 41 dogs in a 3 bedroom semi?
There was also another lady with a house ful of cats, can't remember how many she had.

I don't feel so bad about having my 5 pooches any more - and they are all spayed now.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Anyone see that programme on Ch.5 last night, where a woman had 41 dogs in a 3 bedroom semi?
There was also another lady with a house ful of cats, can't remember how many she had.

I don't feel so bad about having my 5 pooches any more - and they are all spayed now.
Your pooches live in the lap of luxury but you could share this story with your friend who has the foxes!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Your pooches live in the lap of luxury but you could share this story with your friend who has the foxes!

Yes, I think I will forward it to her.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I watched that Mups .
That cat ladies house must stink !
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 08:18 PM

My dogs have always been neutered now.Many year ago I did not like the idea of having my dog neutered ,but he got lots a sores round his private parts & the vet said it was because he was over ' 'amorous ',so I agreed to have him 'done'.the next dog I didnt have 'done' but he chased out of the park one day after a bitch in season and nearly got run over .Since then I''ve always had them neutered
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 08:17 AM

I used to live near a lady who had 16 cats she knew I was a cat lover and she used to turn up at my door with kittens asking if I would take one. Have to admit I was always upset by it and I never took one.

All her cats looked well cared for though but they were house cats you saw them at the windows but they never came out, I can't imagine what her house smelled like.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 08:45 PM

Was this the same one where the owner had lost his wife and had [ was it ]42 dogs because she couldnt bear to part with any of them?, one poor dog got terribly upset poor thing,nice to see he had that one & 3 others back, I hope they were all neutered

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top