Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 11:54 AM

Dogs in this heat

I keep seeing people out with their dogs in the hottest part of the day, it makes me cringe to see them being dragged along or dancing about while the owners are chatting.
The pavements are very hot and the tarmac is melting so it gets between their toes.
I wish people would think!
I'm sure they wouldn't like to walk barefoot on hot tar.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 11:56 AM

Re: Dogs in this heat

I bought a chiller coat for my dog on Sat .
They are made out of what feels like chamais leather s.
It's great really cools them down i fact I could use one myself
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I keep seeing people out with their dogs in the hottest part of the day, it makes me cringe to see them being dragged along or dancing about while the owners are chatting.
The pavements are very hot and the tarmac is melting so it gets between their toes.
I wish people would think!
I'm sure they wouldn't like to walk barefoot on hot tar.

Oh Tess, I soooo agree with you. I see it here too.
Just yesterday there was a stupid woman dragging her little Jack Russel along, it's tongue was hanging out nearly touching the pavement, I very nearly said something.
Then there was a Staffie waiting outside Sainsbury's for its owner. Panting heavily, eyes all red, feet burning no doubt.

Last summer I was seriously upset when I saw an absolute half-wit cycling along, dragging his dog along at speed next to his bike. The dog could hardly breathe any more.
I hate it, I really do.

As for hot pavements and tarmac, if these owners were made to exercise barefoot on pavements under a scorching sun for a good while, it might just make them understand what it's like.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 12:17 PM

I went to town this morning and there was an elderly man walking along with an overweight Jack Russel plodding reluctantly behind him head and tail down, tongue almost touching the ground .

I am lucky in that the unadopted lane next to my house is grassy with a canopy of trees so Chloe can have a quick walk
midday, she won't go far anyway . She has her longer walks in the early morning and at night. We had a lovely walk last night at 11pm, it wasn't really dark and quite cool.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I bought a chiller coat for my dog on Sat .
They are made out of what feels like chamais leather s.
It's great really cools them down i fact I could use one myself
I saw a greyhound wearing a white coat this morning so I expect it was a chiller coat. I'm going to look into buying one for my dog.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 12:29 PM

Max likes to cool it.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Max likes to cool it.
Max is a lovely dog Besoeker.

My dog has always been afraid of water and Border Collies, no idea why as she is a rescue dog.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Max is a lovely dog Besoeker.

My dog has always been afraid of water and Border Collies, no idea why as she is a rescue dog.
Thank you kindly, Leia. Yes, he is a lovely dog. And so well behaved. we take him anywhere with us. He even goes with us to the barber/hairdresser.

We also got him as a rescue when he was a year old and a very timid, shy fellow. He has come a long way in the three years we've had him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 04:16 PM

He is stunning .
I have a border collie rescue .
He hates water .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 04:32 PM

We waited till 7pm last night to take him on his walkies, it was much more comfortable for him and us as it had cooled to a lovely temperature. We took him to a large lake and always take a bottle of water and plastic dish with us as well as the doggy doo equipment! I cant stand it when I see someone's dog pooing and the owner doesn't pick it up. It's not hard to clean up after our dogs and totally irresponsible of the owners who dont pick up.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top