Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 11:17 PM

I am being besieged ...

... by moths - no, not the huge pretty things that flutter about at this time of year - just boring 'clothes moths'! i am sure they must have a proper name - something latin or greek that is totally unpronounceable - but they are everywhere - in every room of the house. i dare not resort to sprays because of the cats so keep a fly swatter handy. They are driving me crazy!!

Ok - crazier than usual.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 05:23 AM

Re: I am being besieged ...

ST you are not the only one we have been invaded by these bloody little pests, they are about a centimetre long and greyish, we use the aerosol Raid to kill the flies but the Moths it has no effect on them, all that works is a good swat that seems to do the trick....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 07:35 AM

Yes I have had a few indoors.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 08:58 AM

Me too Tabs, not as many as last year but still annoying (I think I left some at the old house)
Real nuisance when I'm reading in bed, they head for the lamp.

I've put some Obas oil here and there, hope it works, I wouldn't like to have to use mothballs.
My wool is at risk!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 09:18 AM

You really do need to get rid of them because they will start eating clothes and carpets. I used to think moths eating clothes was a bit of an old wives tale until I started finding holes in my T shirts and a corner of the stair carpet had been eaten away in the space of a week.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You really do need to get rid of them because they will start eating clothes and carpets. I used to think moths eating clothes was a bit of an old wives tale until I started finding holes in my T shirts and a corner of the stair carpet had been eaten away in the space of a week.
I had tiny holes in my favourite summer top last year, spent ages sewing them up, I could have sent it to Nom to use as a colourful string vest!
Any tips on getting rid of them LD?

I think mine arrived with some wool I was given
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I had tiny holes in my favourite summer top last year, spent ages sewing them up, I could have sent it to Nom to use as a colourful string vest!
Any tips on getting rid of them LD?

I think mine arrived with some wool I was given
It was a few years ago now but I seem to remember lots of vacuuming and something to do with sprinkling vinegar on the carpet and washing all clothes and bagging them. Luckily we moved.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 09:57 AM

I don't mind them flying about, can just about cope with them dive bombing me - but - it's what they are up to in the wardrobes that bothers me. Can't use chemical sprays because of the cats - so am going to stock up on bars of scented soap to store in all the drawers and the bottom of the wardrobes!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 02:33 PM

We seem to have a lot here this year as well, really bothered that they'll attack my bears. I need to get some moth repellent.

Googled & unfortunately the only type I found has lavender in it, I am allergic to lavender, so that's a no go.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We seem to have a lot here this year as well, really bothered that they'll attack my bears. I need to get some moth repellent.

Googled & unfortunately the only type I found has lavender in it, I am allergic to lavender, so that's a no go.
Your Bears are they Polar Grizzly, black or brown, and why are they susceptible to moths ..? do you own a Zoo ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top