Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 09:55 PM

Re: Low carb diet recipes?

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
better go buy some then hadn't you, I aint making that anorl cheeky bugger LOL
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Ok this is just disintegrating into an exercise in language terminology which to be honest is a bit silly.

We are talking about people "going on a diet"

Not people adopting say a "vegetarian diet"

These are NOT the same things

BTW I never mentioned calories at any stage so not sure why you brought that up.

My point stands. People who are "going on a diet" are entering into a TEMPORARY eating regime and as such that will never succeed.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Di...=1530302497864

Diet

noun

noun: diet; plural noun: diets

1. the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats. "a vegetarian diet"

2. a special course of food to which a person restricts themselves, either to lose weight or for medical reasons. "I'm going on a diet"

Diets (2) do not work.
(‘We’ are NOT talking about people going on a diet.) your quote .... YOU are!

(Not talking about people adopting a diet ) your quote -
I AM

( These ARE NOT the same things. ) your quote ...

That is ‘exactly’ MY point. !!!!!!

No you didn’t mention calories at any stage but the definition you chose to use in regards to this thread is definition 2 which is a temporary fix to lose weight which doesn’t work does refer to decreasing calories.

I agree it doesn’t work but that’s not the definition of diet I am referring to. A Paleo diet isn’t a temporary change in eating to lose weight. It’s a permanent healthy way of eating. Period.

In this following post , you are referring to diet terminology #2 which we BOTH agree doesn’t work.

All my writing in this thread isn’t about diet terminology #2 which is exactly why I posted what I did.

Now your just repeating what I’ve just stated

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Understand your sentiment Bratti but the fact is, if you are starting on a "DIET" then by definition you are embarking on a TEMPORARY eating change and for that reason it will never work in terms of permanent weight loss.

There has to be a permanent eating change, a complete lifestyle change in order to undo the harms caused by a previous bad eating regime and lifestyle.

A permanent eating change, with the associated food and nutrition education, is NOT a diet.

Diets are temporary. They pretty much ALL result in some level of swift weight loss (often water related) but since the diet is not sustainable and eventually comes to an end, the former eating regime starts to reappear and the weight comes back on and sadly usually more weight is put on besides.

This is all very old hat, all well documented. The well known slimming clubs have an APPALLING record of its members managing to lose weight and keep it off permanently. More than 80% put the weight back on and a high percentage of those put on more weight besides.

Diets simply do not work. They are temporary changes effected by people who don't like what they have become but who still don't understand their bodies and what fuel their bodies actually need. Dieters are still living for themselves, feeding the monster instead of resigning themselves to the fact that the body is simply a machine which needs to treated in a certain way.

What we want, what we think we like to eat or don't like to eat is of no consequence whatsoever. What the body needs is all that counts. The body is our vessel in this universe/reality, it's vital that we realise that and look after it.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 12:29 AM

And in a nutshell Realist, we both recommended lifestyle dietary changes to help improve the health of the OP ( fender ), however you decided that my suggestions to a dietary lifestyle change wouldn’t work because it was a temporary diet, which it isn’t.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 10:21 AM

Yes,

Mine is not going to be temporary. I intend to stick with it..
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

30-06-2018, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Yes,

Mine is not going to be temporary. I intend to stick with it..
Good for you. You’ll not only lose weight, you’ll be healthier and happier too fender.
Smart move on your part and I sincerely wish you the best

Everyone has a diet of some sort
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Good for you. You’ll not only lose weight, you’ll be healthier and happier too fender.
Smart move on your part and I sincerely wish you the best

Everyone has a diet of some sort
Thanks Bratti,
Tbh, I'm generally pretty fit & active. I just need to lose my love handles and keep them from coming back.....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

30-06-2018, 07:55 PM

Pork meat loaf....

500g minced pork
2 eggs
2 garlic cloves crushed
small onion finely chopped
tsp english mustard
salt & pepper
dash of nando's garlic peri peri
dried basil

Mix & make into a loaf shape
cover in smokey bacon rashers
whack it in the oven

Just put mine in......
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

30-06-2018, 08:02 PM

Thanks Bratti,
Tbh, I'm generally pretty fit & active. I just need to lose my love handles and keep them from coming back.....
Me too minus the love handles :laugh:
Pork meat loaf....

500g minced pork
2 eggs
2 garlic cloves crushed
tsp english mustard
salt & pepper
dried basil

whack it in the oven

Just put mine in......
Good stuff fender.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 08:03 PM

Pork meat loaf....

500g minced pork
2 eggs
2 garlic cloves crushed
tsp english mustard
salt & pepper
dried basil

whack it in the oven

Just put mine in......
Sounds lovely.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 06:29 AM

Pork meat loaf....

500g minced pork
2 eggs
2 garlic cloves crushed
tsp english mustard
salt & pepper
dried basil

whack it in the oven

Just put mine in......
Sounds delicious!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top