Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:12 AM

Compromise.

Im wondering with things getting closer if there is anything that voters from both camps would be willing to compromise on, in an effort to achive an end to the current bickering.

So just one item if you can please, both sides welcolme.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:24 AM

Re: Compromise.

Do You really mean a sensible Brexit discussion with no Name calling or blame?...THIS I look forward to reading...good one Nom.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Do You really mean a sensible Brexit discussion with no Name calling or blame?...THIS I look forward to reading...good one Nom.
Yes i hope so May, we already have had enough of opinions both for and against, i think it would interesting to see if any would be prepared to participate in something less divisive, with a personal nod in the direction of achieving peace.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:54 AM

I would compromise on many things, but sonmething I would not want to compromise on is ending the dominance of the European Court over our own. To me the whole point of Brexit is the re-assertion of self rule, because in truth however bad our politicians are, at least we can vote them out if we choose...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

03-07-2018, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I would compromise on many things, but sonmething I would not want to compromise on is ending the dominance of the European Court over our own. To me the whole point of Brexit is the re-assertion of self rule, because in truth however bad our politicians are, at least we can vote them out if we choose...
Thanks Barry could you give an example or a compromise that you would give, im genuinely interested in these.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Thanks Barry could you give an example or a compromise that you would give, im genuinely interested in these.
I wouldn't be averse to contibuting to the EU budget to retain free movement of goods and services.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:07 AM

I agree Barry as long as it was a sensible amount and we were a free independent Nation.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:11 AM

Hi

I have no problem with the ECJ in respect of many straighforward things, like Euratom, etc.

They are nominally in charge of any disputes, but there have never been any.

We are going to have to accept Tribunal Judgements however we trade, even under WTO Rules.

I would have been quite happy with the Swiss Style Agreement, they are a wealthy country who run themselves, something to aim for in my view.

They nominally have to accept free movement, but advertise all jobs locally and their Benefits System is such that it deters EU Migrants.

Like many other Countries they find pragmatic ways of getting round the bits of the EU they do not like.

For some reason, which I am at a loss to understand, the UK seems to follow the rules slavishly.

I genuinely wish we had the Politicians and Civil Servants who put the UK first, others put themselves first without any great problems.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

03-07-2018, 09:16 AM

I agree Swimmy, if we had not been so slavish and had used all the tools available to us under the EU system then the balance of pros and cons may not have reached tipping point in the first place. Since Maggie Thatcher most of our politicians have been an absolute disgrace with their kow-towing to Europe...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:30 AM

it's starting to go off track!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top