Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 06:12 PM

Re: Crow with Yorkshire accent

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
"You alright, Love?

I'm alright, I'm alright, I'm alright...."

Ooooh, so that's how those from Yorkshire sound.... got it.

At least he wasn't cursing .
aye lass, thats ar I sarnd, ya prolly wunt understand mi,

let me translate that

yes girl, thats how I sound, you probably wouldn't understand me,

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:44 PM

Brilliant!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:53 PM

Gosh, a crow as a pet? Well I never .... love it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 09:45 PM

Can't remember where I saw it, probably a documentary on tv.
They were testing the intelligence of various birds and animals by giving them little jobs to do; see which one could fathom it out.....The Crow came out top.... Some people have actually made pets out of them, even though they are still living in the wild.......the Crows I mean, not the people...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 11:29 PM

I have a 2010 PBS TV documentary called "A Murder of Crows" which is fascinating:

Crows live everywhere in the world except Antarctica.

New research has shown that they are among the most intelligent animals on the planet. They use tools as only elephants and chimpanzees do, and recognize 250 distinct calls. One particular talent they have been discovered to possess is the ability to recognize individual human faces and pick them out of a crowd up to two years later – a trick that might make even Hitchcock shiver with fright.

They thrive wherever people live and have used their great intelligence to adapt again and again to a constantly changing world. Some memorize garbage truck routes, and follow the feast from day to day. Others drop nuts in the road and wait for passing cars to crack them open. And some build their nests from items we throw away – like wire clothes hangers.

These are social birds that mate for life and raise their young for up to five years. And they learn from each other’s misfortunes. When one is killed in a farmer’s field, it’s not uncommon for them to change entire migratory patterns so that no crows fly over that field for as long as two years.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 08:54 AM

That's brilliant Omah, thanks for that. While running and walking out in the country I come across loads of Crows, and you seem to sense a higher level of intelligence.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's brilliant Omah, thanks for that. While running and walking out in the country I come across loads of Crows, and you seem to sense a higher level of intelligence.
Last year I was in the garden when something hit me on the head. It was half of a toy skateboard, perhaps from a keyring or something. I looked up and there was a crow sitting on the edge of the roof. He was looking down at me and then laughed 'Ha ha ha'. I'm sure he did it on purpose.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 10:16 AM

I've found a copy of the documentary on the internet:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2f3stj

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-07-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Last year I was in the garden when something hit me on the head. It was half of a toy skateboard, perhaps from a keyring or something. I looked up and there was a crow sitting on the edge of the roof. He was looking down at me and then laughed 'Ha ha ha'. I'm sure he did it on purpose.
I do believe that Crows do have a sense of humour Longdogs. A sense of humour does denote a higher level of intelligence....

Just look at you and me for example ......

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top